Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Pancreatic Cancer and Cannabis oil

Thanks

What is competitive inhibition mate? Hard to say on doses maybe 1g over 3-4 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by webbly View Post
    What is competitive inhibition mate? Hard to say on doses maybe 1g over 3-4 days

THC is metabolised by particular enzymes in the liver. I can't remember what their names are off the top of my head, but that's easy to track down. When THC is metabolised into 11-hydroxy-THC it's no longer medically usable, in other words it won't fight cancer cells.

There are a couple supplements you can take, amentoflavone (used by body builders, I believe) and apigenin These plant compounds are metabolised by those very same enzymes. The idea is to take supplements 30-45 min before the dose. This way it's expected that the liver enzymes won't be able to be created in enough numbers fast enough to get the cannabinoids when they eventually enter the liver. If we're successful, more cannabinoids get through, back out into the body and looking for attachment points.
    We've created competition for the cannabinoids to inhibit the enzymes.

If she is taking 250 mg per day, split that into 5 or even 6x doses per day. If she takes the supplements mentioned above, it should reduce the high for her.
    Last edited by Chew; 20-07-16 at 07:25 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

J.18 (18-07-16), Jingo (18-07-16)

Thanks

Thanks I'll let her know

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by webbly View Post
    My mum has been diagnosed with Stage 4 Pancreatic cancer, and for someone who has never taken drugs her whole life she came to me to ask about cannabis oil as a treatment. I am still skeptical about the results, I do not believe that it is a one stop cure for cancer. I do however believe it has medicinal value in treating chemotherapy side effects, helping with pain relief and most importantly stimulating appetite.

My mum has only recently been diagnosed. Her cancer is not operable despite the tumour on her last PET scan coming back at just over 2cm in size and hope of the whipple procedure taking place, but due to another growth being found on her lungs suggesting it has spread, surgery we are told its not a possibility. It is terminal, untreated they think she could die in 6 months, with the chemo it is most likely to be years. Quite how myself and my family, let alone my mother come to terms with that fact is yet to determined.

She has currently been on the oil for 3 weeks and this week started her chemo. As I stand I have nothing further to report on its effects on the cancer itself, and even if I did I couldn't say 100% that the oil is the reason for any possible tumour shrinkage due to the chemo also being given.

However here is my experience so far:

If you are making small batches like myself, using 1-2oz of bud, the solvent extraction alone is not enough to decarb the oil. I tested the first dose I made up and it had no effect what so ever on me suggesting the decarb process had not happened. Ive heard people claim they have lab results back showing good thc and cbd/cbn content in their oil from solvent extraction alone in a rice cooker, however this seems to be the case when large amounts are being made and the extraction taking place over many hours, on small batches the solvent will evaporate in less than 30 minutes, and it has never reached a temperature long enough or hot enough to be effective.

Putting the oil in the oven for a further 45-60 mins at 120C/240F certainly decarbs it just fine. I took a small dose myself and was surprised at just how potent it was!

I have had one batch catch on fire! I managed to put a wet cloth over it and salvage some of the oil, it had cooked down into a paste, but not all was lost, although I imagine some of the cannabinoids did get vaporized off, what was left was still quote potent.

Rick Simpson claims the dosage is 1ml of oil per day for 60 days (he claims a great deal though doesn't he). My mother can just about tolerate 0.25ml without feeling sick or having panic attacks. I have been reluctant to give her any higher doses and have since started diluting it with coconut oil and spacing it out throughout the day with higher doses at night. She can sometimes struggle even on these low doses, for someone with no experience whatsoever with cannabis, she is finding it difficult and unpleasant at times, often complaining of feeling dizzy or over sedated.

What I have seen so far though is that she is sleeping better and has complained far less about pain in her abdomen. The best thing for me however is to see her eating so well, she gets regular attacks of the munchies and often find her staring into the cupboard as we do stoned, not really sure what she wants to eat or why, but just feeling that need to eat something. That alone for me is the main reason I want to continue with the cannabis oil, as starvation will be the thing which kills her with pancreatic cancer.

The doctors here in the UK have advised she does not take the oil on chemo, they have however said they are researching the benefits of it and didn't dismiss it altogether, which surprised me as thats what I expected. She has decided to take the oil regardless. This does not concern me, I am more than aware that cannabis itself is harmless and interacts well with just about any drug i've mixed it with, except maybe alcohol, plus scientific research with cannabis and chemo has been taken place and documented since the 1970's with no cases I can find of it causing death or effecting the chemo itself. The real hurdle will come from the blood results and difficult questions from her oncology team.

Cannabis and cancer is a real debated subject right now and for those of us going through this painful experience I know we look for whatever hope we can. Right now i'm still not sold as I have stated that cannabis is a cure for cancer, until I see it myself how can I be? I would love to hear how others get on though, and will continue to update this thread over time.

**Quick update:

Dosage is still proving an issue, because i'm having to make the oil in small batches, with different strains each time, its impossible to get a set dosage going. Last night she tried the new batch and it knocked her for six. She still wishes to continue however.

So far she has had no side effects from the chemo, she has now had 2 cycles. This may or may not be due to the oil. I will update later on results of any new scans
    Rick Simpson's Phoenixtears website my friend . It does cure cancer if caught in early stages .

I use a rice cooker . Dont use an oven dude youll make thr house jump off the foundation .

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by trex69.80 View Post
    Rick Simpson's Phoenixtears website my friend . It does cure cancer if caught in early stages .

I use a rice cooker . Dont use an oven dude youll make thr house jump off the foundation .

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    Nothing that great about the Phoenixtears website. Yes, there is some good info but, his dosing and oral administration advice are out of date the last time I looked
    Last edited by Chew; 10-09-16 at 12:49 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Another update guys. Right so things are still looking good. They had to take her off chemo as she had a fucking mini stroke thing as a result of one of the drugs she was on. Doesnt seem to have been any lasting damage caused by it. They took her off everything chemo drug wise for about 3 weeks and have just started her again on just one of the two drugs she was taking to be safe.

During that time off she hit the oil harder than ever before. Ive managed to grow some high CBD strains and shes been able to take some decent size doeses of that. I have also been giving her higher ratio THC strains in the day to keep her appetite up. She contimues to gain weight. Not massive amounts, but she weighs more now than when she was first diagnosed and started chemo.

She has just had another tumour scan. I figured seeing as shes only been on the oil this month, this would be a good indicator as to wether or not its actually doing anything. The scan came back to say the tumour has still slighty shrunk. The oncologist gave us a slightly confused laugh and said she doesnt understand it, but its positive so shes happy its good news. She obviouly does not know about my mum taking the oil Another thing they cant work out is that her tumour markers go up and down constantly. They say this is unusual. They think it could be where the tumour is breaking down into her blood, but they said they dont see that with the drugs shes on. We were told these drugs would keep her alove longer and not kill the cancer cells, simply hold them back a little. It has them all confused. I would like to think it is the oil!

The chemo is starting to take it toll on her now. The oil helps with the side effects, that im sure of. In an ideal world I would say stop the chemo, just take the oil. Can we risk that? I just dont think we can yet. The rest of my family wouldn't allow it and speaking to my mum shes still no convinced on the cannabis oil working. Although this recent scan has given her some hope it might be.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to webbly For This Useful Post:

Jingo (15-09-16), Smiffy (15-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,626 Times

Lots of evidence for thc minimizing brain damage from strokes.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Smiffy (15-09-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    Lots of evidence for thc minimizing brain damage from strokes.
    Yeah read that mate, shes recovered really fast from it, with very little lasting effects now!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to webbly For This Useful Post:

Jingo (15-09-16), Smiffy (15-09-16)

Thanks

Hi there mate was wondering is its OK to make cancer killer oil with high thc autoflowering strains? Or do I Need full term plants ?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jonnyd253 For This Useful Post:

Mr Legend Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyd253 View Post
    Hi there mate was wondering is its OK to make cancer killer oil with high thc autoflowering strains? Or do I Need full term plants ?
    Hey Jonny...

You can make CCO with autoflowering strains too, they're stable enough now and produce high levels of both THC and CBD...

Your best option for cancer is 2:1 THC/CBD ratio oil...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5