Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pancreatic Cancer and Cannabis oil

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chewey View Post
    Its not for nothing mate. THC does kill cancer cells. Doesn't mean it will cure her but, it's certainly going to help. Suppositories are the way to go. All benefits and feel normal
    Is there much wasted with a suppository? what happens then does the thc not get absorbed?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,730 Times

There are people in the states benefitting from juicing raw cannabis. With that in mind and your mother's inability to tolerate large quantities of the decarbed Cannabis why not give her some of it that hasn't been decarbed?

Maybe you could do 50 50, or several different delivery methods like suppositories tacking et cetera.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

onion ring (27-04-16)

Thanks

sorry to hear about your mum webbly i think your doing the right thing and along with cheweys knowledge i hope the benifits of the oil succeed the chemo. radiation dont sound good wit me but i wouldn't like to see docs face if she refused the chemo
    wish you and ure mum the very best mate i really do

5. The Following User Says Thank You to onion ring For This Useful Post:

lozbian2410 (28-04-16)

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by webbly View Post
    Is there much wasted with a suppository? what happens then does the thc not get absorbed?
    suppositories bypass the liver and are absorbed into the bloodstream quickly by thousands of nerve endings in the colon and rectum walls. They don’t give you the same euphoria experienced when you smoke or ingest and they'll provide hours of relief from pain too
    Last edited by Chew; 27-04-16 at 07:02 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

Valentina (10-08-17)

Thanks

Thanks for you input / support guys. I will keep you updated with progress

9. The Following User Says Thank You to webbly For This Useful Post:

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    There are people in the states benefitting from juicing raw cannabis. With that in mind and your mother's inability to tolerate large quantities of the decarbed Cannabis why not give her some of it that hasn't been decarbed?

Maybe you could do 50 50, or several different delivery methods like suppositories tacking et cetera.
    There is no evidence to my knowledge that THCa is effective against cancer therefore you must decarb for THC
    Last edited by Chew; 27-04-16 at 07:27 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

Valentina (10-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,730 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Chewey View Post
    There is no evidence to my knowledge that THCa is effective against cancer therefore you must decarb for THC
    True the evidence is pretty much limited to California right now there's a couple big dispensaries that are given their patience masticating juicers and raw cannabis and they're using it raw they're having great results with their autoimmune diseases.

I've actually done the same thing myself juicing raw cannabis and I can tell you it does work problem is you have to grow a heck of a lot of it and it doesn't really taste very good.
    Last edited by Jingo; 27-04-16 at 10:13 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Mr Legend Guest

Default Pancreatic Cancer and Cannabis oil

Sorry to hear about your mums diagnosis Webbly and I sincerely hope she goes the CCO route, it is the cure and there's no reason to doubt it anymore with all the research and successful treatments...

I'm currently trying to help a friend with a stage four pancreatic adenocarcinoma and I've done a hell of a research on the topic in the past few months, all I can say is that there's ample evidence that CCO is very effective in treating pancreatic cancer with several studies backing it up...

Here's one of the studies from my 200+ pages of notes and if you need more just let me know and I'll do my best to find the info for you, I don't have links cause I rather copy the data for later reading...

Andy Hospodor, a member of the Society of Cannabis Clinicians, presented at the Pancreatic Cancer: Innovations in Research and Treatment Conference in May 2014 in New Orleans ("We Are"). His presentation abstract is below:

"In over 20 states, cancer patients have access to cannabinoids (aka medical marijuana) and use them to treat symptoms of chemotherapy, such as nausea and lack of appetite. However, new evidence, both scientific and empirical, suggests that higher doses of cannabinoids may be an effective adjuvant alongside traditional chemotherapy agents, such as Gemcitibine. While nausea is controlled with daily dosages of 10 to 40mg, pancreatic cancer cells are known to over express the endo-cannabinoid receptor CB1 one hundred fold. Cannabinoids target different receptors than traditional chemotherapy agents and have low combinatorial toxicity, and as such present a class of new treatments.

In an n=1 study of a patient with stage IV pancreatic adeno-carcinoma, we augmented the standard Gemcitibine chemotherapy with balanced initial doses 50mg THC and 50mg CBD and increased over a four week period to achieve a 12.5 mg/kg dosage. Curiously, after ten days the patient stopped presenting signs of cannabinoid use, such as red eyes, slurred speech and clumsiness. However, the patients CA-19-9 marker increased from 8,800 at diagnosis to 26,000.

Over the next four weeks, dosage of CBD was held constant and THC was increased to 1050mg daily for a dosage of 20 mg/kg. At week 6, the CA-19-9 marker began decreasing and cannabinoids were leveled off, although a higher dosage was planned for weeks 8-12. At week 15, CA-19-9 markers dropped to pre-diagnosis levels and a CAT scanned revealed shrinkage of the tumor. We anticipate continued tumor shrinkage and reduction of CA-19-9 marker levels to normal levels by week 20. Although many pancreatic cancer patients have access to cannabinoids, issues such as potency, purity and bio-availablity will impact future adjuvant cannabinoid therapies. We have addressed the issues with existing technology and hope to conduct large scale trials to examine the efficacy of Gemcitibine + cannabinoids in the treatment of pancreatic cancer."

In August 2013, Wallace "Buddy" Rose was told he had a tumor on his pancreas, as indicated by a CT scan ("Amazing"). The cancer was Stage I. Therefore, Wallace's doctor said surgery could save him, but he needed to see an oncologist for a referral to a surgeon. At the meeting with the oncologist, Wallace was told surgically removing the tumor would save his life. However, Wallace did not have insurance and could not afford the surgery. It took six weeks for him to raise the money, after which surgery was scheduled for November 4, 2013.

During surgery, doctors observed the pancreatic tumor had grown through Wallace's pancreatic wall and attached to his stomach and spleen. There were numerous tumors in his liver and a spot in his kidney. The surgery was stopped at this point, and Wallace was formally diagnosed with Stage IV pancreatic cancer. Doctors said nothing more could be done. On December 18, it was confirmed the cancer had metastasized throughout his body; Wallace was told he could expect to start declining in three weeks and may starve to death in a month. He was explicitly told he could not be cured, but that chemotherapy may prevent the cancer from spreading further and extend his life by six to eight months. The following panel shows Wallace's CA 19-9 scores increasing over the months following his diagnosis.

On December 26, 2013, Wallace began the chemotherapeutic drugs Gemcitabine and Abraxane. On that day, his CA 19-9 score was determined to be 5006.8. Shortly before this, Wallace had a "saying goodbye" party. During the event, one of his relatives slipped some cannabis oil in his wife Cathy's Christmas stocking.

Wallace was initially very skeptical of cannabis oil, believing it to be propaganda for the pro- cannabis legalization movement. With such a bad prognosis he realized he had nothing to lose, so he began taking two to three grams of cannabis oil each day (a notably high dose). He did not know what to expect and wanted advice from a doctor. Thankfully, he found Dr. Kathleen Smith, who helped him obtain his medical cannabis license.

Wallace ingested cannabis oil over the last few days of December and every day in January. He did not believe in the medicine until a scan in February indicated a dramatically reduced cancer cell count.

The combination of cannabis and chemotherapy nearly eliminated Wallace's cancer. The tumors in his liver, spleen, stomach wall, and kidney were gone. The only thing remaining was a small portion of the original pancreatic tumor. On March 30, 2014, his CA 19-9 was at 42; normal is 35. Wallace stated his intention to continue using cannabis oil and began working again. On May 28, 2014, CT scans showed no cancer and a normal cancer cell count.

The author spoke with Wallace several months after he became cancer free. Among other things, he said he had given away the cannabis oil he was using for maintenance doses to someone in a more urgent situation. Apparently due to this noble decision, the cancer returned. Tragically, Wallace was unable to reinitiate his former treatment protocol. His son reported to the author that Wallace passed away in February 2015. It is hopeful that his experience will encourage clinical trials as well as the use of cannabis extracts by other pancreatic cancer patients.
    Last edited by Mr Legend; 28-04-16 at 01:04 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Legend For This Useful Post:

Jingo (28-04-16)

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    True the evidence is pretty much limited to California right now there's a couple big dispensaries that are given their patience masticating juicers and raw cannabis and they're using it raw they're having great results with their autoimmune diseases.

I've actually done the same thing myself juicing raw cannabis and I can tell you it does work problem is you have to grow a heck of a lot of it and it doesn't really taste very good.
    You're a brave man Jingo! Most of my cannabis consumption is through chocolate and I even find that really tough, it's horrible. I don't like the oil taste either so i dread to think what raw juicing is like mate! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter McPherson View Post
    Sorry to hear about your mums diagnosis Webbly and I sincerely hope she goes the CCO route, it is the cure and there's no reason to doubt it anymore with all the research and successful treatments...

I'm currently trying to help a friend with a stage four pancreatic adenocarcinoma and I've done a hell of a research on the topic in the past few months, all I can say is that there's ample evidence that CCO is very effective in treating pancreatic cancer with several studies backing it up...

Here's one of the studies from my 200+ pages of notes and if you need more just let me know and I'll do my best to find the info for you, I don't have links cause I rather copy the data for later reading...

Andy Hospodor, a member of the Society of Cannabis Clinicians, presented at the Pancreatic Cancer: Innovations in Research and Treatment Conference in May 2014 in New Orleans ("We Are"). His presentation abstract is below:

"In over 20 states, cancer patients have access to cannabinoids (aka medical marijuana) and use them to treat symptoms of chemotherapy, such as nausea and lack of appetite. However, new evidence, both scientific and empirical, suggests that higher doses of cannabinoids may be an effective adjuvant alongside traditional chemotherapy agents, such as Gemcitibine. While nausea is controlled with daily dosages of 10 to 40mg, pancreatic cancer cells are known to over express the endo-cannabinoid receptor CB1 one hundred fold. Cannabinoids target different receptors than traditional chemotherapy agents and have low combinatorial toxicity, and as such present a class of new treatments.

In an n=1 study of a patient with stage IV pancreatic adeno-carcinoma, we augmented the standard Gemcitibine chemotherapy with balanced initial doses 50mg THC and 50mg CBD and increased over a four week period to achieve a 12.5 mg/kg dosage. Curiously, after ten days the patient stopped presenting signs of cannabinoid use, such as red eyes, slurred speech and clumsiness. However, the patients CA-19-9 marker increased from 8,800 at diagnosis to 26,000.

Over the next four weeks, dosage of CBD was held constant and THC was increased to 1050mg daily for a dosage of 20 mg/kg. At week 6, the CA-19-9 marker began decreasing and cannabinoids were leveled off, although a higher dosage was planned for weeks 8-12. At week 15, CA-19-9 markers dropped to pre-diagnosis levels and a CAT scanned revealed shrinkage of the tumor. We anticipate continued tumor shrinkage and reduction of CA-19-9 marker levels to normal levels by week 20. Although many pancreatic cancer patients have access to cannabinoids, issues such as potency, purity and bio-availablity will impact future adjuvant cannabinoid therapies. We have addressed the issues with existing technology and hope to conduct large scale trials to examine the efficacy of Gemcitibine + cannabinoids in the treatment of pancreatic cancer."

In August 2013, Wallace "Buddy" Rose was told he had a tumor on his pancreas, as indicated by a CT scan ("Amazing"). The cancer was Stage I. Therefore, Wallace's doctor said surgery could save him, but he needed to see an oncologist for a referral to a surgeon. At the meeting with the oncologist, Wallace was told surgically removing the tumor would save his life. However, Wallace did not have insurance and could not afford the surgery. It took six weeks for him to raise the money, after which surgery was scheduled for November 4, 2013.

During surgery, doctors observed the pancreatic tumor had grown through Wallace's pancreatic wall and attached to his stomach and spleen. There were numerous tumors in his liver and a spot in his kidney. The surgery was stopped at this point, and Wallace was formally diagnosed with Stage IV pancreatic cancer. Doctors said nothing more could be done. On December 18, it was confirmed the cancer had metastasized throughout his body; Wallace was told he could expect to start declining in three weeks and may starve to death in a month. He was explicitly told he could not be cured, but that chemotherapy may prevent the cancer from spreading further and extend his life by six to eight months. The following panel shows Wallace's CA 19-9 scores increasing over the months following his diagnosis.

On December 26, 2013, Wallace began the chemotherapeutic drugs Gemcitabine and Abraxane. On that day, his CA 19-9 score was determined to be 5006.8. Shortly before this, Wallace had a "saying goodbye" party. During the event, one of his relatives slipped some cannabis oil in his wife Cathy's Christmas stocking.

Wallace was initially very skeptical of cannabis oil, believing it to be propaganda for the pro- cannabis legalization movement. With such a bad prognosis he realized he had nothing to lose, so he began taking two to three grams of cannabis oil each day (a notably high dose). He did not know what to expect and wanted advice from a doctor. Thankfully, he found Dr. Kathleen Smith, who helped him obtain his medical cannabis license.

Wallace ingested cannabis oil over the last few days of December and every day in January. He did not believe in the medicine until a scan in February indicated a dramatically reduced cancer cell count.

The combination of cannabis and chemotherapy nearly eliminated Wallace's cancer. The tumors in his liver, spleen, stomach wall, and kidney were gone. The only thing remaining was a small portion of the original pancreatic tumor. On March 30, 2014, his CA 19-9 was at 42; normal is 35. Wallace stated his intention to continue using cannabis oil and began working again. On May 28, 2014, CT scans showed no cancer and a normal cancer cell count.

The author spoke with Wallace several months after he became cancer free. Among other things, he said he had given away the cannabis oil he was using for maintenance doses to someone in a more urgent situation. Apparently due to this noble decision, the cancer returned. Tragically, Wallace was unable to reinitiate his former treatment protocol. His son reported to the author that Wallace passed away in February 2015. It is hopeful that his experience will encourage clinical trials as well as the use of cannabis extracts by other pancreatic cancer patients.
    Thanks for sharing this Dexter, and sorry to hear of your friends cancer too. My best friend was diagnosed last year, he went under the knife and had 3/4 of his large intestine removed. The cancer also reached all but one lymph nodes. At the time, I didn't have enough material to produce the volume of oil needed to keep him going till my next harvest. I made some high THC oil and lots of editable's. He kept oil was for when pain was at its highest. His chemo stopped around 2-3 months ago and he is still very much a broken man, but there is no doubt what so ever, cannabis, no matter in what form, helps an enormous amount with chemo side affects and we know THC kills cancer cells. A few weeks back I made him 30 grams of oil. I used CBD Crews Critical Mass 1:1 for his day time and high THC for evening. The 1:1 oil is out of this world for pain relief and he loves it, we also found for him, suppositories work wonders and the relief lasts a lot longer over ingesting. I'm making a new run of them but this time, adding Cajuns Bio Bomb to them

Wishing you and your friend the very best of luck on this awful journey and any tips and advise you have would be greatly recieved

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter McPherson View Post

Yes I have seen this and found many similar stories. Although my mum cant have surgery due to it spreading, the tumours she has last measurement were just 2cm. On top of that she is fit and healthy, and started the oil literally a week after diagnosis. So far she has had no side effects from chemo, shes only had 1 cycle though. Even the nurses are surprised she hasn't had ANY side effects, that may well change though. She is eating very well, I mean she's ALWAYS eating. I am of course pushing her towards a nutrient rich diet of superfoods, but I know shes eating chocolate now and then, can I moan about that, hahaha nah, come on how many if us can resist it when stoned

She had another bad dose a few days ago. I made up a new batch of oil and my step dad was over filling capsules, I did say to him let her test a small one to test potency, I tried some myself and I was baked, but my tolerance is different to my mums. None the less he gave her a massive dose and she work up spinning, whitey! She didnt like it and had a day off as a result. She took a smaller dose last night though, and apart from sleeping for 12 hours straight shes fine today, up and eating. On the plus side these bigger doses are beneficial to her I think and help build tolerance.
    Last edited by webbly; 28-04-16 at 10:57 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to webbly For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast