Thread: Switching to Bloom Nutes?

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

Default Answered: Switching to Bloom Nutes?

I just want to clarify with someone advanced and experienced when to ideally switch to Bloom nutes.

With my soil girls I'd just switch them 2 weeks in regardless but that hasn't always worked out well so I want to do this hydro one right and by the book as it were.
    My instincts are telling me to stop the veg nutes and start the bloom nutes now (at the 2 week mark) but I just want to be sure I'm right.

Basicly, my Power Plant has been under 12/12 for 2 weeks exactly. She's started putting out pre-flowers just the past couple of days.
    Some advice I've read says wait for the pre-flowers and then switch to bloom nutes. Others say look out for a sudden PH drop (but I've had PH dropping since I put them under 12/12 which I've ruled out rot).

I'm trying to get this grow just right so she doesn't end up all yellow and manky before she even gets going. I've had that in the past many times from misjudging.
    Now I'm in hydro and have got a nice monster which is green all over at 2 weeks into the flip, I want to keep her that way right up to the end flush if possible.

Any advice on what to look out for to make sure I get it right or to help me decide when the optimum sweetspot is ?

Cheers.

2. "For what it's worth I switch to bloom when the plants start to crown, not before. I've had plants take up to 3 weeks to start flowering since switch"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SpongeBongWeedPants For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-05-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times
    Provided Answers: 26

For what it's worth I switch to bloom when the plants start to crown, not before. I've had plants take up to 3 weeks to start flowering since switch
    Too weird to live, too rare to die

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-05-16), IndicaIVme (27-04-16), SpongeBongWeedPants (27-04-16)

Thanks

As Cunning said ,i hit them with bloom as soon as I see real early flowers not pre flowers proper bloom,for me and the auto's I've grown this tends to be about 6-7 weeks in depending on the strain.but photos are no different just make sure there real crowns and not just pestles or pre flowers.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IndicaIVme For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-05-16), liquidgravity (04-05-16), SpongeBongWeedPants (27-04-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,224 Times
    Provided Answers: 2

With the hydro set up I always start to mix my bloom and grow nutes as soon as I switch to 12/12 I do about 25% bloom 75% grow for week 1 and on the second week I go to 50/50 and as soon as I see flowers I go full bloom. I've always done it that way and always had good success with it.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ReeferDankness For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-05-16), SpongeBongWeedPants (27-04-16)

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

Okay so I think I'll hold fire on the full on res change over to bloom nutes tonight then. What I might do now I've got pre-flowers is slowly start adding bloom nutes much like Reefer said above. Instead of topping off with water and vegging nutes now, I'll start topping off with water and bloom instead. See how she handles it and watch out for any yellowing. I'll aim for a nice smooth transition so that I'm mostly or fully on bloom nutes when the real flowering begins.

I'll go by how she looks and watch the EC to see how she responds. I'll start introducing the first lot of bloom tonight at day 14 of 12/12 and see what she makes of it in the morning before lights out. Sounds like a plan?

I'll still do a res change anyway tonight and start with a fresh batch (90% veg nutes, 10% bloom nutes and 1/4 to 1/2 strength calmag). I probably don't need the calmag but I'm adding it in weak amounts over the first 3 weeks just so she doesn't get an deficiency.

Cheers

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpongeBongWeedPants For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-05-16), Mr.North (27-04-16)