Thread: Lighting, LED benefits?

Thanks

Default Lighting, LED benefits?

Disregarding intial cost, are LED's better?

Ive looked on a popular online auction site and different lights to which they dont include lumens or similar products give off way different numbers..

Im looking at dual spectrum 600w LED's..
    Now i know they should use the same W as any other 600w bulb but is the light any better or do they just not heat up as much?

Whats the difference with HPS and LED?

Thanks

depends what you want from the grow bud.

If you are not only concerned by yield i.e you are growing a couple of plants for your own perci then I would go LED I've filled one of the really large kilner jars with really good quality dense bud which has been really strong and very tasty from each of my grows and that suits me just fine.

Having read some threads tho I understand the belief is that you would get greater yields from using HPS, as I have only ever grown with LED I have no comparison I'm afraid so can only give you my view on LED grown smoke.

MrChedHead Guest

Quote Originally Posted by studio95 View Post
    depends what you want from the grow bud.

If you are not only concerned by yield i.e you are growing a couple of plants for your own perci then I would go LED I've filled one of the really large kilner jars with really good quality dense bud which has been really strong and very tasty from each of my grows and that suits me just fine.

Having read some threads tho I understand the belief is that you would get greater yields from using HPS, as I have only ever grown with LED I have no comparison I'm afraid so can only give you my view on LED grown smoke.
    What leds do you grow with mate?

Thanks

I use a 200w prakasa in a 90x90x1000 tent.
    Last edited by M_C; 28-04-16 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Link removal

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Watch the links please guys
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Do LEDs give better lumens?
    E.g 400w led = 600w hps

Or is it not like that?
    Im trying to work out which is better for growing 3-5 plants with aims of 6oz (wet) each plant

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,371 Times

well they are saying that these cree cobs leds are the doggs furry bits..
    They are the new in thing the new style..
    They are expensive at the moment but lots of people are building there own i belive there are a few threads on here as few well known led light builders are members..
    youtube growmau5 and greengenes garden if you can't find thread..

i know i will be saving some money over the next few months to invest in some cree cobs to build my own led light setup to replace my diggy 600 and 400 watt "old style" haha..
    as these results i have seen on the tube and the money i could save on the electric bill is a winner for me..
    The above is just opinion..My opinion is law in my world..

Thanks

I did some maths, just to run a 600w light, and 2 100w fans (estimating fans are 100w each) + 200w misc (anything additional) a total of 1kw for 18hrs a day is £3 per day..

Does that seem expensive?