Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminal Cancer Diary

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

imnice (03-05-16), M_C (03-05-16)

Thanks

Hi Chewy,

Saddened to hear of your mate's condition. I'm going to sub up as I'm keen to gather information on oils for this and other conditions - as well as yours & his progress.

I've got Rheumatoid Arthritis and while enjoying smoked cannabis for many years I created my first batch of oil last month. I used some a indica variety with strong amnesic properties [ "sorry, what was I saying?" that kind of thing ] using isopropyl and a crock pot which has produced around 14mls of thick dark oil from about 1.5oz of bud - which is quite strong! I've mixed about 4 mls with coconut oil which I'm applying to hands and feet with some benefit.

My best mate contracted a teratoma type of cancer in 2007 (<40% survival rate) with metastasis in brain, lungs, kidneys, liver. While he went down the chemotherapy route and survived it was a gruesome & gruelling process. He and I would certainly go the cannabis oil route in the future.

Did I see you'd used a carbon filter for clarifying- any info on that you could share?

Keep posting - I and others are attending.

MS.
    MickeySplif
    ~ nice ~
    Currently growing:
    Medical varieties, strong on CBD & terpines

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mickeysplif For This Useful Post:

Chew Guest

Just spoke to him. Life expectancy 12-18 month being optimistic. Longer than I thought.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

ciderboy (03-05-16), mickeysplif (03-05-16), M_C (03-05-16)

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mickeysplif View Post
    Hi Chewy,

Saddened to hear of your mate's condition. I'm going to sub up as I'm keen to gather information on oils for this and other conditions - as well as yours & his progress.

I've got Rheumatoid Arthritis and while enjoying smoked cannabis for many years I created my first batch of oil last month. I used some a indica variety with strong amnesic properties [ "sorry, what was I saying?" that kind of thing ] using isopropyl and a crock pot which has produced around 14mls of thick dark oil from about 1.5oz of bud - which is quite strong! I've mixed about 4 mls with coconut oil which I'm applying to hands and feet with some benefit.

My best mate contracted a teratoma type of cancer in 2007 (<40% survival rate) with metastasis in brain, lungs, kidneys, liver. While he went down the chemotherapy route and survived it was a gruesome & gruelling process. He and I would certainly go the cannabis oil route in the future.

Did I see you'd used a carbon filter for clarifying- any info on that you could share?

Keep posting - I and others are attending.

MS.
    Sorry to hear of your friends troubles

I don't see how you got 14ml from 1.5 oz fella? Are you sure you boiled off all the solvent as good quality bud produced 4-5 ml/g of oil per Oz

Carbon filter for what fella?
    Last edited by Chew; 03-05-16 at 11:16 AM.

Thanks

My mate is doing fine. Watching his grandchildren grow up now.

Well, not so urgent / harsh for your friend. Relief all round I should think - time enough to get the cannabis intervention working.

I think you might be right about the 14mls! I might not have had only an once and a half. I just grabbed some bud that was not a favourite, for a first attempt at making oil you see. I had a 1 litre glass storage jar - like a kilner - and filled it with bud 'til it was nearly to the top - about 2cm to the neck. I left enough space to add the isopropol. So perhaps a bit more than 1.5oz! Thinking about it, more like 5 - 6 oz. (not thinking straight today, much pain!!)

While I did follow the instructions for the crock pot method, I over heated it at 140C when decarboxilating it but I did leave it to reduce down until there were next to no bubbles. I think I might get a wax heater (like a beautician's wax heater) to do a final reduction.

So there's bound to be a good amount of crud in it, hence the colour. The liquid looked lightly tanned before the cook down.

Filter: I saw on this thread about someone having used a carbon filter the clean the oil - I thought it was you, but perhaps not. The coffee filters took long enough so something like that would take quite a bit more time I should think!

Cheers,

MJ

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mickeysplif For This Useful Post:

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mickeysplif View Post
    My mate is doing fine. Watching his grandchildren grow up now.

Well, not so urgent / harsh for your friend. Relief all round I should think - time enough to get the cannabis intervention working.

I think you might be right about the 14mls! I might not have had only an once and a half. I just grabbed some bud that was not a favourite, for a first attempt at making oil you see. I had a 1 litre glass storage jar - like a kilner - and filled it with bud 'til it was nearly to the top - about 2cm to the neck. I left enough space to add the isopropol. So perhaps a bit more than 1.5oz! Thinking about it, more like 5 - 6 oz. (not thinking straight today, much pain!!)

While I did follow the instructions for the crock pot method, I over heated it at 140C when decarboxilating it but I did leave it to reduce down until there were next to no bubbles. I think I might get a wax heater (like a beautician's wax heater) to do a final reduction.

So there's bound to be a good amount of crud in it, hence the colour. The liquid looked lightly tanned before the cook down.

Filter: I saw on this thread about someone having used a carbon filter the clean the oil - I thought it was you, but perhaps not. The coffee filters took long enough so something like that would take quite a bit more time I should think!

Cheers,

MJ
    This is how i make mine mate. Take a look

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-Cannabis-Oil

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

ciderboy (03-05-16), mickeysplif (03-05-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,385 Times

Subbed up chewey , reading it all , you sure are doing your best pal and offering something grate to us all , top man 👀👍

Sent from the cider groom

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ciderboy For This Useful Post:

Chew Guest

Here we go again...

A quick 4 oz run. Big Buddha Cheese and CBD Critical mass

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (03-05-16), ciderboy (03-05-16), Dazmandaz (03-05-16), mickeysplif (03-05-16), M_C (03-05-16), Valve man (04-05-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chewey View Post
    This is how i make mine mate. Take a look

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-Cannabis-Oil
    Ah, I was not too far off then! I followed the process in the Medical Cannabis Guidebook but looking at the post you gave a link to, I've got too much crud in the brew. The post coffee filter liquid as about the same colour that I got but yours reduced much further. Might need to get that wax warmer then... I've only got an induction hot plate which I'm not so sure about for the final reduction part of the process.

Many thanks, Chewey.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mickeysplif For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Chewey View Post
    His wife had taken the oil to hospital so he can get going. He may possibly be home Tuesday. Fingers crossed and then we can get going properly.

Just cracking the next beans. Managed to get £750 today from my family to help cover the costs as I'm skint. That's a worry off my mind at least.

Just cracked my bluedream took a day to crack Them and good luck fella

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BritishBotanics For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast