Thread: Growing in northern Spain (Galicia)

Thanks

Default Growing in northern Spain (Galicia)

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions. This is the first time I've thought about growing cannabis, and I don't know much at all.

Firstly, the climate in Galicia is wet and cold. After looking around online I think Early Skunk (not allowed to post link on this site) is probably best to grow outside, and I will have to grow this outside in the forest, a small area of which I will clear for this. Do you think this is the best type of cannabis for that climate? or do you know of a strain you think would do better?

Secondly, I am not in Galicia often. The plants are literally going to be planted in a clearing in the forest. I won't be able to look after them in the slightest. Once a year I am out there. The idea is to arrive, collect the bud to smoke and then do any upkeep the plants may need. Obviously, this will mean the plants won't produce the best weed, but I am wondering if they will grow at all, or just die out without the proper upkeep. I don't mind if the plants produce average strength weed only, but it's obviously not worth planting them if they are just going to die on their own. Do you think they will continue to grow or just die out? Is there anything I can do from stopping them from dying?

Thirdly, I will have to plant them in the middle of may. I will not be able to plant them as plants either, it will have to be seeds in the ground. Is the time of year going to hinder their growth? will they grow at all at that time of year? I've heard people use fertiliser to help their plants along, would it help if when I planted them I used a fair bit of fertiliser on the soil around it? If so, is their a special type of fertaliser I should be using?

Lastly, I have no idea how close together the seeds should be planted, or if some specific kind of layout would benefit them more. Should I just plant them in random locations in the ground? or would it be better if they were planted in rows? do I need to supply something like string for them to grow around? I only plan on planting 5-6.

Thanks for any help you can give, no matter what I am probably going to give it a shot. Lets hope this works out well!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Hi mate, welcome to the forum

I'm not that knowledgeable on outdoor growing so I'll leave that to some of our more experienced outdoor growers to answer your questions...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

Thanks

Hi M_C,
    I'm glad to be here, never knew forums like this existed. I feel like this is going to be a very useful website over the near future

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ_93 For This Useful Post:

M_C (04-05-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,492 Times

Welcome to the forum , best of luck

Up the irons

Thanks

Default Info

Hi AJ, I'm staying in Vigo for a couple of months.
    I am interested in finding more about Spain by making friends in the area.
    Do you think you have any friendly advice for me?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

The seeds I'm growing at the moment are from Spanish origin, from Bilbao in Spain, I'm not sure how far you are from there but it's worth having a look at a few Spanish breeders and seeing what they're planting out there.....

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-Lightyear