Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Redz Builds a Living Soil !!!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Default Redz Builds a Living Soil !!!

Hello Talkers And Tokers,

So here i go again but this time im going all living soil and organic as possible,
    I've been doing plenty reading and studying the past couple months and of course want to build the best soil possble but i have tried to strat right at the very begining,

ive got 4 ladys at the moment in a mixture of bio bizz light mix and worm castings with a bark and barley straw mulch, i had to repot these a little while ago because i forgot what water i was using and ph'ing it for my other girls which are all hydro.
    these plants were satrted a bit soon really because its just piled the pressure on to get the soil built sooner rather than later because these plants will jungle out on me before i know it even though the growth rate is alot different to hydro.

I thought id get this diary started because i would really really love any input ideas,amounts things you would try or things you wouldn't. or maybe things you have had sucess with any and all information is welcome.
    if anyone wants to know where i got anything from just ask away and i can pm ya,
    also gots to thank organicmagic for the info and inspo along the way bro.

I can see this is going to be a long process but im in for the long haul apart from allready eating healthier and more awake so to say to many other things thatthe research into organic growing and microorganism's etc it just gets more exciting every day,
    luckily my missus eats very healthy so ive got a great diet to follow and these also help with my organic gardening process.

One of the first things i done was start my own worm bin, thats been going a couple months now maybe so unfortunately not quite enough castings yet to completley use home made castings but like i said i gotta start somewhere, ive got a bokashi bucket thats been going for around the same time so theres plenty going on and let me tell you this shit aint easy indoors pmsl, the worm bin dont stink so i must be doing something right.

ive been havig problems with my water purifier thing my old dear got a shit one and is having trouble sending it back so im just using water either bubbled out while or i just put a spoon of mollasses in and that sorts it out anywaytent to open up space for these there will be 4 by then.

the ladys are
    cream caramel
    exodus kush
    .tangie x kosher kush
    super lemon haze

At the moment these are in a little cupboard i first built and i have to keep them there till the tent opens up but if i need to pot them up i can just extend the cupboard a bit and make it big enough to take bigger pots.
    im going to need to put these into there final pots at some point so ive got around 8 weeks for the tent cooking of soil
    i know im not going to be able to go water only all the way through because i think pot size will restrict me because i have allready bought 15 litre air-pots ages ago but i am still considering upping to maybe a 30 ltr pot tyo make life easier then ill probably get through with teas and top dressing.

i have made a budget tea brewer and if and when get a chance ill build a better one.
    so far these have had,
    1 compost tea
    1 kelp tea
    1 enzyme tea

im going to get a load of pictures up in the next post and continue this from there its easier uploading pictures from the phone and then ill list all my fertilizers,minerals and other exciting stuff im still deciding on amounts and what not but i have come up with my basic start out mix so to say now im just polanning what and if anything else needs to go in or top dress later well the way i see it its a learning curve i have spent money but everything ive bought will last god knows how long, i will be recycling so eventually my grow rooms will become a one big room and hopefully no till then on, one things for sure i wont be buying anymore synthetic fertilizers when mine have run out one bonus with the hydro though ill be able to grow enough bud to last till i get the soil yeilds up to par lol.
    back soon with part 2 at least that will have pictures so it will be less boring on the eyes

blessings
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (31-05-16), Band Of Horses (18-01-17), Catch_E_Monkey (31-07-16), DrCannaP (14-01-17), Dukesdank (14-10-16), Gaz (19-12-18), GEORGE (19-07-16), gethighper (19-02-17), GhostPGE (06-01-17), JB (29-05-16), kush717 (11-10-16), noodle (23-12-16), SmobyToker#1 (22-03-17), toblue (29-11-16)

Thanks

Ok so here's how they looked anout a week or so ago.

They were looking kinda sad tbh

And together

I have managed to turn them round they are looking a lot healthier now

All together

Ok so here's my plan for my mix so far which I think will be good enough to get me through with big enough pots what I need to do is see what,why,when I add extras into the main mix so this is where I would love people to get involved
    It's 1/1/1/1
    Moorland gold organic alternative to peat moss
    Worm castings
    Bio char compost
    Pumice/perlite/rice hulls

Nutrient wise it's pretty much copied from over the net but covers everything needed I feel and then I can allways top dress or make teas I might even think about putting a layer at the bottom but this is it so far

Neem meal
    Kelp meal
    Shrimp meal

And mineral wise
    Glacial rock dust
    Ground and crushed oyster shell
    Gypsum
    Basalt rock dust
    Humic shale
    I've got the amounts roughly figured out but I'm still deciding on what pots to use and how much soil to mix

Here's the list of other stuff I've got a lot of which is going through the worm bin aswell
    Comfrey leaf/pellet
    Bio char fertilizer 5/5/5
    Chicken manure
    My local farmyard manure
    Soft rock phosphate
    Yarrow leaf
    Dolomite lime
    Fish meal salmon/tuna/and another couple mixed
    Blood meal
    Bone meal
    Hoof and horn meal
    Bat guano 1-10-1
    Dried nettle
    Flaxseed meal
    Rock phosphate 0-27-0
    Seaweed meal
    I have got all the nutritional benefits and suff written down for good uses for the plant but like I say the man nutrients I've picked for my start soil covers all I believe.

I think that's about it for now, one thing I have started at the begining is my ipm (intergrated pest management which will start in the soil with the neem meal and insect frass and I have added neem oil into my weekly spray down I have too cover the pots because I don't know if my silica contains any salts that will kill or hinder micro-life in the soil so my weekly spray is
    200x aloe Vera powder or freeze dried coconut water)
    Potassium silicate(silica)
    Neem oil
    Full up fulvic avid (I'm still not 100% sure on this yet either I'm trying to get hold of new fulvic and Humic acids but I'll need a trip to the us or need to learn to speak flippin German ffs but the best products I have found by far are bi-ag.com the site is a very knowladgable and interesting read for those interested.

Also does anyone know of a pure non synthetic/salt organic cal-mag I can't get organicare stuff anywhere(how is love to live in the states sometimes) I'm amazed at all the bottles that contain stuff that will only cause problems to the micro life and to grow the best herb possible they are gonna be the only way they are my mini defence line and herb super chefs.

There's going to be so much more to add here but it's basically a fresh start on a wonderful journey bless up to those up for the ride
    Peace and best wishes
    Redz
    Last edited by redisiel; 07-05-16 at 12:10 PM.

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (31-07-16), DrCannaP (14-01-17), Dukesdank (14-10-16), Gaz (19-12-18), GEORGE (19-07-16), gethighper (19-02-17), Ginger-bud (05-05-18), Huktonfoniks (11-05-16), JB (29-05-16), kush717 (11-10-16), Magic M (10-09-16), noodle (23-12-16), the don 88 (07-05-18), toblue (29-11-16)

organicmagic Guest

Brother Redz! I've just got some time and had a read of your post. Alls looking well bro! It's good to have another living soil here at the talk. You've already got everything you need to make your soil, you just got to cook it for 2-4 weeks then you're away, you could dilute it a bit after 2 weeks if you're in a rush.

Have you got potassium silicate? If yes where did you get it?

Let's get the show on the road!!! Mon the bennies, mon the living soil 😁🤗 🔥💨👌🏻

Keep it lit

OM

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to organicmagic For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (31-07-16), GEORGE (19-07-16), redisiel (13-05-16), Wasat (07-06-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by organicmagic View Post
    Brother Redz! I've just got some time and had a read of your post. Alls looking well bro! It's good to have another living soil here at the talk. You've already got everything you need to make your soil, you just got to cook it for 2-4 weeks then you're away, you could dilute it a bit after 2 weeks if you're in a rush.

Have you got potassium silicate? If yes where did you get it?

Let's get the show on the road!!! Mon the bennies, mon the living soil ���� ��������

Keep it lit

OM
    BRO M
    How it going sir!
    It's on mate it's all on I couldn't bring myself to mocking a street bin so I'm going to buy or sort something out for mixing next weekend.

I couldn't resist mate and went ahead and got 4 40 liter air pots bro I'm thinking that's about as big/water only size I can go should be a big help also I can think about a bottom layer and I can make a proper mulch to suit the bacterial/fungal colony's im trying to keep happy at the time.

How's that brew turn out?

I got the worm bin and bokashi back on track rice hulls are here as you know the greensand and I forgot to mention above alfalfa.

My lacto syrem should be all done Sunday and I've just started a sst for a clone I have just potted and a general water all round.

As for the pottasium silicate mate I've allways used the (yellow bottle) silica they say it's organic but I haven't put it near the soil yet bro I'm going to email Rev or Jeremy at builds a soil and see what they reckon but I know they are going to say and all my research leads there too the sites well worth the read for the info on Humic and fulvic acids is priceless in its self. It's bioag.com mate the closest stockist I found so far is Germany so as for the silica In the soil I'm going with the rice hulls and I'm still trying to source horsetail and there's one more thing I'll have to get back to you on.

So Friday now mate I'll get all updated in here tonight or over the weekend but things are rolling along nicely bro catch up soon bro blessings to you and yours
    Redz

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (31-07-16), Gaz (19-12-18), GEORGE (19-07-16), gethighper (19-02-17), Ginger-bud (05-05-18), JB (29-05-16), Wasat (07-06-16)

Thanks

Gooood evening peepz!
    So it's been a busy weekend as per usual plenty tlc for the gardens I got my lacto done and a couple pics in the prcoess
    Before straining the milk curdles

Left with the pure lacto I used brown sugar to stablize it 850ml lacto 850 gram sugar

I also got around to making another sst this time though I used a load of old cannabis seeds that I was given they was from a pollinated grow about 7 years ago so I didn't expect much to be honest but I was quite surprised most of them sprouted fine lol

So I made a gallon up
    Nearly 4 litres rain water I managed to collect last week(must set up proper collection thing)
    Aloe
    Coconut powder
    And of course the puréed seeds
    And of course they had there weekly pest management foliar
    Dechlorinated tap water
    Full up
    Aloe powder
    Coconut powder
    Potassium silicate
    Neem oil(very light) the plants were top dressed with a tablespoon of neem at the begining too I'm not sure if I mentioned.
    I made some rehydrated kelp just Incase of emergencys a tablespoon to a gallon and that's it

So I'll start probably just doing weekly updates here because they don't do much well as in the way a Dwc bucket would Pmsl

At some point this week I promise I'll get them all tied down properly at the moment I just keep snapping the tops to let lower growth go but I'm hurting them too much at the moment and slowing them down even more

Organicmagic bro I got the final pots sorted bro I'm going 56 litre smart pots mate I think I've done enough homework and comparisons with the air pots and a even bigger bonus is the price mate, so I'm thinking water only maybe?

And I think that's about it for now I'll get the lemon up Tomorow when I'm in that garden
    Blessings
    Redz

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (31-07-16), DrCannaP (14-01-17), GEORGE (19-07-16), gethighper (19-02-17), Ginger-bud (05-05-18), Trex (09-12-16), Wasat (07-06-16)

organicmagic Guest

Alls looking blessed bra, think you need to give them a bit of time to heal though, maybe a bit too much tlc 😉
    That sst sounds sick! Dude I'm super impressed with how proactive you've been with your amendments and teas. They'll defo thank you for your hard work! And you've been very proactive with your ipm 👌🏻👍🏻 I read something last week that showed the benefits of essential oils on pests like two spot spider mite.

So are you going to get 4 X 56l smart pots in a 1.2m tent? That's big dude, perfect for no till but too big for my setup.

Have you started cooking your soil yet?

Peace n space cakes

OM

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to organicmagic For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (31-07-16), GEORGE (19-07-16), redisiel (20-05-16), Wasat (07-06-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by organicmagic View Post
    Alls looking blessed bra, think you need to give them a bit of time to heal though, maybe a bit too much tlc ��
    That sst sounds sick! Dude I'm super impressed with how proactive you've been with your amendments and teas. They'll defo thank you for your hard work! And you've been very proactive with your ipm �������� I read something last week that showed the benefits of essential oils on pests like two spot spider mite.

So are you going to get 4 X 56l smart pots in a 1.2m tent? That's big dude, perfect for no till but too big for my setup.

Have you started cooking your soil yet?

Peace n space cakes

OM
    Hey buddy
    Your 100% right about the traing lol I'll tie them down properly Tomorow and let them be.

Now it's a plan for a watering system?

Get them in a 1.2 you say wtf I'm squeezing that shit in a 1x1 tent bro rammo all the way nah the circumstance on the pots is 43 cm mate so 4 will fit nicely I won't be putting that much soil in I'll put 40 liters in each and that gives plenty room for a sexy mulch mate
    I'm looking at the SIP watering system and I need to scope back through your diary.

I'm sure I'll have enough pumps and tubing ect to build something lol.

I have got 4 perfect trays for under each pot and the flexi mat under that!

Soil building this week mate I missed the post man Saturday for the rice hulls so I'll get then tomorrow I'll put up my mix tonight so let me know what you reckon bro m
    Have a good Monday matey blessings
    Redz

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (31-07-16), GEORGE (19-07-16), gethighper (19-02-17), Ginger-bud (05-05-18), Wasat (07-06-16)

Thanks

Ok so!
    Redz is still building the soil but just ain't started yet, I think I have come up with what I'm going to do, bassicly s bit of everything lol the thing is I can't garuntee the additions are exactly what I what for instance I can't garuntee that my kelp is 14 grade fromw Nova Scotia and has s breakdown time of 8 months so this is my main problem building my soil so at the end of the day it's a trial and eror and plenty learning and fun along the way.

Ok so here's the first part and remember let me know what and why you would change anything here,

40 liters moorland gold
    20 liters coco
    30 liters earth worm castings
    30 liters bio char compost
    10 liters farmyard manure
    40 liters perlite
    20 liters rice hulls
    1 kilo basmati rice
    2 cups flaxseed meal

1 cup Crabshell (boiling the crab as we speak I'm going to do some more homework here to make sure I don't contaminate my soil)
    2 cups seaweed meal
    3 cups kelp meal
    3 cups neem meal
    3 cups Eco/crustecean meal
    1 cup krill meal
    1 cup chicken manure pellets
    1 cup bio char 5-5-5
    1 cup pure bloom 1-5-4 6%ca
    0.5 cup rock phosphate 0.27.0
    0.5 cup Palm tree ash 0.1.30
    1cup alfalfa pellets
    1 cup comfrey meal
    I kept it under 3 cups per cubic foot but I'm 50/50 still with just doing
    7 cups shrimp and crab meal
    7 cups kelp meal
    7 cups neem meal
    Sounds so much simpler lol anyway minerals
    3 cups oyster flour
    3 cups crushed oyster
    4 cups humate ag6
    6 cups volcanic rockdust
    3 cups greensand
    6 cups gypsum

Plus I've got my beneficials all sorted

I'm going to be using the 56 liter fabric pots for the simple reason I'm going to be recycling everything and it will leave me ample room for top dressing if and when needed but I'm going to be using cover crop and a mix between bark and straw mulching suiting differerent beneficials at different stages.

The lady's are coming along nicely now they are tied down but here's my little pride and joy(as long as it's the slh slight mishap at clone time) but I'm soon to find out coz her mum has just gone into flower.

I'm getting the bulmat gravity fed system with drippers thanks om and I'm fitting my ro system Tomorow.

I've got some hemp sprouting now too for a enzyme tea on Friday and I got this today to mix my soil in I think it should do the job I've got a tarpaulin to cover it with aswell

And this shit is probably gonna end up a waste of time Pmsl

So that's about it for now I'll get pictures up as I'm building the soil and potting up fitting the bulmat and shut.

Peace and blessings all
    Redz

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (31-07-16), DrCannaP (14-01-17), GEORGE (19-07-16), gethighper (19-02-17), JB (29-05-16), Wasat (07-06-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,708 Times

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JB For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (31-07-16), GEORGE (19-07-16), gethighper (19-02-17), Ginger-bud (05-05-18), redisiel (31-05-16), Wasat (07-06-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dbol View Post
    Good works Redz.

Be really interesting to see how you get on with this. You've gone in a lot harder than I have with my soil mix.
    D how you doing mate hope things are all good,
    Yeah going a bit ott really but hey can't hurt lol.

I still ain't even started mixing it yet I have found my crab and shrimp meal but still undecided on my amounts but I'll deffo get it started some point this week.

I'm in the gardens having a good cleanup tonight so a proper update is needed all over lol.

Catch you soon mate
    Redz

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (31-07-16), GEORGE (19-07-16), gethighper (19-02-17), Ginger-bud (05-05-18), Wasat (07-06-16)

Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast