Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Redz Builds a Living Soil !!!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Om I went through a corner of the worm bin mate and I'm quite impressed I think I finnaly got it dude. I have deffo started the next level off right and now I know what I'm looking for I'll be good to go. The alotment is still ongoing too just down to me and the missus not wanting to take to much on really, the missus a having lunch with her Tomorow so I might ask if I can set up a compost pile for now even.
    Look what was left after sieving

There wasn't many worms in the corner I took from dose that likely mean they have worked that area as much as they want to because food is scarce there and in abundance elsewhere.
    Here's what mine look like I would be so happy to find out there's proper microbial life in there.

The little one is 100% picking up by the hour mate I think we are in the clear so lesson learnt for me there, watch the c:n ratios in the mulch next time.
    Peace
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (26-08-16), gethighper (19-02-17), joker_the_smoker (27-09-16), Wasat (21-08-16)

organicmagic Guest

Good to see brother! It looks like there was a bit of heat or the N robbing.
    Those casting look great, just don't steel all of them. They will work the same thing over and over and over if it's left. Cover all big piece of material you have in there with moist soil. It's getting there though so this time next year you'll be laughing.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to organicmagic For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (26-08-16), redisiel (21-08-16), Wasat (21-08-16)

Thanks

Great stuff I'm mate I'll have another look at her this morning and update later I will get the tests in the worm bin sorted now, coz thinking about it I have wasted to trays all this time today I have 3 working trays and with.the amount o worms in there they will get through scraps like mad, I won't be putting a single peice of fruit till winter lol.

Done my ipm last night but I only put s couple drops of essential oil in there no real peat spray so to say it's so manageable at the moment really I'll just wait for the soil mites to come, at least it smells a bit fresher in the room lol

Bro am I the only person that thinks bokashi smells ok?
    My family hate the stuff ha h.
    Blessings
    Redz

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (26-08-16), gethighper (19-02-17), Wasat (21-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,214 Times

halloo Redz, oh! happy! monday! (reaching for pipe) hope you weel & happy!
    I may not understand everything going on in yer garden lad,
    I appreciate your hard work & learning & your results
    I like the pics too, not all buds n colas haha like every other diary
    you hooked my interest & hell I might be learning too lolly
    stay on it mate!

I just wonder one thing.... are you a fisherman? sumthin to do w excess worms?
    Kind Regards
    Keep it lit
    wa

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wasat For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (26-08-16), gethighper (19-02-17), redisiel (21-08-16)

Thanks

Hey up wasa, well what can I say i think this diary is more of an experiment from anything as far as the gardening I can either blame you or thank you and we both know which it is mate.

It's quite hard to keep it interesting sometimes without buds lol so I'm just going to put everything as I do it then people can learn from and teach me when I fuck up.

It's unbelievable how much my life has changed through this and what I'm learning can only be helpful as I teach my little un.

I mean this is simple shit that should be being fought in school. I won't even bore you with it now lol but I run my garden literally on a no tillage basis I want to be able to go and get a soil test in a years time and expect to see a good microbial biomass and I also want to know that I've been building up my brix.

I'm carefull as to the nitrogen being used in my garden converting every source possible through natural methods, I don't now I suppose me and magi going mad lol but I tell you what gimme the space I'll start changing the fucking world pmsl.

I used to want all kinds of shiny expensive shit all my life now I'm more than happy just happy to be blessed with what I have and a COMIPOST PILE!
    Life just can't get better
    Blessings and gratitude
    Redz

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (26-08-16), gethighper (19-02-17), Hippy Crack (28-08-16)

Thanks

Bro m,
    Lunch time for boring so I started the soil mix bro I went and butchered someone's garden for my first set of fertilizer lol

This ones just gonna be simple mate
    Neem
    Kelp
    Crab
    Comfrey,nettle,dandelion
    And the same minerals should be able to plant straight into this one I think.
    Redz

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (26-08-16), gethighper (19-02-17), joker_the_smoker (27-09-16)

organicmagic Guest

Default Redz Builds a Living Soil !!!

You should add some frass to that, looks good though. Nice simple and effective. Also adding alfalfa would have advantages?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to organicmagic For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (26-08-16), redisiel (23-08-16)

Thanks

Of course bro
    I'm gonna just do a cover crop in there next week let it grow out till I'm ready to plant lol
    I've got the bio char aswell don't forget!
    Still can't get over the size of that sunflower leaf pmsl
    Redz

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (26-08-16), gethighper (19-02-17)

organicmagic Guest

Hey bro, tell me about it! It's mega huge 😝 I just got those clones into fresh soil mix and added a cover crop. A friend of mine who's excellent at notil was giving me some advice on cover crop. He swears by fenugreek. Says its like a sturdy alfalfa.
    I've never actually used a cover crop so I'm excited to see how they grow.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to organicmagic For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (26-08-16), redisiel (23-08-16)

Thanks

Yeah bro I know that fenugreek grows quick and produces a lot of organic matter. Which will be handy for us for a quick turnover.
    I found out the alotment is 250 square meters but the missus is right up for it, she's mad into her fermented veg and stuff atm I think she would love a day in your kitchen tbh lol, good though keeps me healthy I ain't eaten shit for a while now.
    I'll get some pics in a minute I'm expecting the cover crop to be right up now and the same above the screen.
    Them clones will take to the soil like a duck to water mate
    Bless

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (26-08-16), gethighper (19-02-17)

Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast