Thread: Average time from seed to harvest NFT?

Thanks

Default Average time from seed to harvest NFT?

OK, so I've finally got my NFT scrog set up.

I'm going on a couple of short week holidays through the summer. I need to plan so that I'm not away at harvest time.
    I have someone close to me who can keep an eye on ethem while I'm away.

I just want to know what people think the time I'll need. (lets just go for an average 8 week flower).
    I know it obviously depends on how quick the screen fills up, but I'm just looking at a ball park figure so I can book my hols a few weeks away from the possible danger time, if you get me/

Thanks
    Have a look at my 250w Growdrobe---> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...owdrobe-please

Here's my new diary. Please pop in and help me out--> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069912633

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,492 Times

12 to 14 weeks bro

Up the irons

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The budda For This Useful Post:

Jackman (10-05-16), Type M (11-05-16)

Thanks

I would advise to go vacation when you are done with them... You will hate that "someone" sooo much if anything happen while you are away!! Lol

My thinking though...

Squale.

" We don't see the world as it is, we see the world as we are! "
    " I am a dreamer that die by light of day..."

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Squale For This Useful Post:

Jackman (10-05-16), Type M (11-05-16), zemlic (10-05-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Squale View Post
    I would advise to go vacation when you are done with them... You will hate that "someone" sooo much if anything happen while you are away!! Lol

My thinking though...

Squale.

I really can't. I have a few small trips planned. I'll need to train him up. I'll be away for a week near the start and a week near the end.

NFT just needs daily monitoring, and how often does things actually need to be done (if all is well)?
    I mean, if I do the jobs needed on the day I leave, how many times will my "apprentice" need to actually phisically do anything to the plants in the next 7 days?

Thanks

I'll keep fingers crossed for you buddy! A week at the time should be fine I guess...

Squale.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Squale For This Useful Post:

Jackman (11-05-16)

Thanks

I may sound stupid but I am part of an era where we write most of the time the full words so I am not sure what NFT means lol

Anyway I would say that at the beginning ( if growing on soil and depending on your container size again, your babies would me most likely watered at least 3 times ) and a daily check to see if your system is working properly, lights, ventilation etc... Towards the end if it's near the harvest time, you could just water soak them with plain fresh water ( flush) before you leave and basically let them be as such without water till you come back but still a daily check will be required from " your apprentice " for the functionality of your equipment. That's what I would do.

In any case, I am not in favour of taking time off while you having your precious on the go and having a 3rd party to take care of this whatever close the 3rd party might be.

Wish you luck and I am sure there will be other here to advise you on this wicked forum.

Squale.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Squale For This Useful Post:

Jackman (11-05-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Jackman View Post
    I just want to know what people think the time I'll need. (lets just go for an average 8 week flower).
    I know it obviously depends on how quick the screen fills up, but I'm just looking at a ball park figure so I can book my hols a few weeks away from the possible danger time, if you get me/

Thanks
    How big is your tent/grow room & how many plants have you got?

Which NFT are you using? Ie 901/424

As you know NFT needs daily monitoring. The flower period tends to be a bit more work with the res & you'll probably have to make adjustments every 1-2 days. They'll be eating & drinking loads & your PH/EC will be changing all the time as they eat & drink.

Mine are only in week 1 of flower now & I have to top up/adjust my res every 2 days.

Make sure you train him/her well!

Good luck

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

Jackman (12-05-16), Oxy (11-05-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 34,377 Times

Default Average time from seed to harvest NFT?

Hello m8, for me to fill a 1.2x1.2x2m tent screen, 4 plant scrog stylee 5-7 weeks, Veg, Then say 9-10weeks flower + 1 week flush...so that makes it 18-19weeks. Plus. Cube stage before going in system. For me this is close to 2 weeks. So all in all i'd say. Start ti finish 20-21 weeks. Give or take ATB Jack man.

Mon the NFT
    Last edited by Oxy; 11-05-16 at 09:16 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Oxy For This Useful Post:

Jackman (12-05-16)

Thanks

Ok lol I am clearly from the Stone Age lol... I have saved a beautiful page called: internetslang.com, sorted.

Sorry about this unrelated messages.

Squale.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Squale For This Useful Post:

Jackman (12-05-16)