Thread: Up Potting

Thanks

Default Up Potting

Hey everyone,

I have a question about up potting and rate of growth. My last grow, I transplanted twice and finished my grow in 7 gallon pots. It worked well but after I harvested and checked the roots I discovered they were root bound. This time I am planning to up pot several times. Last weekend I went from starter pots to 1 gallon. Today I noticed some roots coming out the drain holes. Do any of you have experience with up potting? It doesn't seem logical to have to up pot every week but at the same time I don't want to get into a root bound problem.

Looking for advice!

H420

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobby420 For This Useful Post:

liquidgravity (20-05-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,526 Times

Ello buddy, me personally only go for 3 re pots I start in pot noodle tubs go into 5ltr then either 10or15 ltr pots whichever takes ma fancy. The more you pot up the more stress u put on ur ladies plus there is the fresh soil which will encourage root growth as itl have fresh nutes in.
    My roots are always root bound after harvest I see this as a good thing tho due to the plant having to support all the weight of the buds. Think it really comes down to how long veg your giving.
    Thats how I see it matey probably wrong lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ye Old Pioneer For This Useful Post:

Hobby420 (14-05-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Roots stop growing a lot in flower so you can't up pot
    During that time.as long as it's not causeing root bound
    Issues its fine.

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (15-05-16), Hobby420 (16-05-16), liquidgravity (17-05-16)