Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My little DIY propagation bubbler

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,888 Times

Default My little DIY propagation bubbler

So I had a spare air pump from a res that I no longer needed. I cut down an air stone and sealed the end. Grabbed a bucket which had seed in it from the garage and drilled 5 1/2 cm holes in the top and popped in some 1/2cm tubing.

Aside from needing paint/tape around it to keep light out it's ready for a trial run.

Cost me the grand some of nothing haha

What do you guys think? I could make more holes but I only clone 4-5 at a time max.

Ta valver

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Valve man For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (17-05-16), Blue (15-05-16), British green (17-05-16), Cunning (15-05-16), dickiefickle (16-05-16), GanjaFarmerNL (16-05-16), M_C (08-06-16), noob12345 (06-01-17), Ye Old Pioneer (15-05-16)

Thanks

..Heck yeah . should do the job.
    No matter where you go , there you are .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dickiefickle For This Useful Post:

Valve man (16-05-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,526 Times

Looks cracking buddy forgive my ignorance but hows it work?? U just simply pop a cutting through the hole n let it bubble away so the roots grow to the water??? Do u have a nutrient solution added?? Does it make them root faster than normal?? Could u not let them grow in this alone?say one plant start to finish??? Told u I dont got a clue bout it lol but for the minimal cost of a pump airstone n old tub I have loads am sure I could deffo knock one up

I thought id replied yesterday when I liked it lol fucking stoner moment

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ye Old Pioneer For This Useful Post:

bry (19-07-16), Valve man (16-05-16)

Thanks

Honestly... I've absolutely no idea how well this will work. But the idea yes is that you can drop the clones in to the 1/2cm tube and they root. Apparently 7-9 days it takes. No nutrient just temps around 20ish degrees and plain tap water.

You could do this with say one plant. Just cut a hole for a net pot and add a bubbler. There may well be more to it but this is my first venture into bubblponics as its called. My next project is making my own buckets. Although I'll use a more powerful air pump and a bigger bucket.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valve man For This Useful Post:

bry (19-07-16), Ye Old Pioneer (16-05-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,526 Times

Cushty buddy let us know how you get on will u??

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ye Old Pioneer For This Useful Post:

Valve man (17-05-16)

Thanks

Default My little DIY propagation bubbler

ul need to lightproof it before u put clones in bud as if light gets in there there will come algae! algae eats the same as the plants and suffocates them, i made something similar and done 4 clones in it, just have the cut bit of the bottom of ur clone about 1cm above the water surface, and the popping of the bubbles moistens the bottoms. roots explode out and into the water solution, u can then put some nutes in once rooted and even veg in this for a bit. all the best with it

u wanna keep the water under 19deg as well mate if its prolonged over that temp nasty stuff happens to roots, if ur just planning to get roots out and into other medium should be cool

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sqysenberg For This Useful Post:

badbillybob (17-05-16), M_C (08-06-16), Valve man (17-05-16)

Thanks

Yer that's what I was using the tape for (the light proofing). I only intend to get them well rooted then I'll be moving them on. Id not veg in the actual bubbler.

I'll keep this updated. I have cuts due very soon.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valve man For This Useful Post:

Mr.North (17-05-16), sqysenberg (19-05-16), Ye Old Pioneer (17-05-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,323 Times

If ur just using plain tap no need to go crazy on light proof..especially if u can change water easily every couple days, 7-12 days usually won't accumulate anything quick enough. IV tossed couple whatever clones (after the goodies R done) in a cup with no pump or anything, changed water daily & roots popped in 7 days. Only thing id do is PH water too 5.5 it'll help a bit but their strong plants u'll be fine😎

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.North For This Useful Post:

Valve man (17-05-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.North View Post
    If ur just using plain tap no need to go crazy on light proof..especially if u can change water easily every couple days, 7-12 days usually won't accumulate anything quick enough. IV tossed couple whatever clones (after the goodies R done) in a cup with no pump or anything, changed water daily & roots popped in 7 days. Only thing id do is PH water too 5.5 it'll help a bit but their strong plants u'll be fine😎
    Cheers buddy. I'll just throw some black duct tape around it I'll not go mad like. Can't wait to test it out

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Valve man For This Useful Post:

Mr.North (17-05-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,323 Times

That'll do perfectly. Haha know the feeling G, be sure to let us know how it turns out! Remember da cloning jell & make that second cut under water✌

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.North For This Useful Post:

Valve man (17-05-16)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast