Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Small grow box help

Thanks

Everything is pretty much set up right now, still going to make a front door for the box! I found a nice 12V Ac/DC power supply 500MA to run the 3 CPU fans and they are really quite so I'm happy about that. I went with 3 CFL 100W Daytime bulbs with 1600 luminous I hoping that will be enough, I bought a 4 pack of the bulbs so I can add another one if y'all think I'll need it?? I'm just curious about my venting system.. I know wind is good for the plants but my bottom fan doesn't really make the plants leaves move around like outside wind but I feel the ventilation is really good.. anyone's opinion?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1903.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	326339  

Thanks

Had them inside box all night, looks like they did good, not to stressed out. Going to run them in the box for 2 weeks before flowering. I think I'm still going to need a little more lighting I will add and another small fan. Overall everything looks good and the ac/dc adapter isn't hot so that's good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1904.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	326351  

Thanks

I've made a small but important mistake in my post earlier regarding PC fan power consumption.

A typical PC fan runs at 500-600 ma, meaning your 500 ma supply is woefully inadequate. Please check it's temperature and make sure that you can hold in in your hand without having to let it go.

Thanks

I've made a small but important mistake in my post earlier regarding PC fan power consumption.

A typical PC fan runs at 500 ma, meaning your 500 ma supply is woefully inadequate. Please check it's temperature and make sure that you can hold in in your hand without having to let it go.

Thanks

Just double checked and turns out, a lot of fans run at 150 ma, not 500, so you may just be ok.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2