Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: are spidermites the most annoying pests?

Thanks

Default are spidermites the most annoying pests?

Hi guys just asking a quick question that i have been reading about on spidermites
    I see the preventative course of action is keep any dead matter out of growing area. Bringing plants pets and even yourself into your growing area directly after being outside is a big no no.
    and always always keep your grow area tidy/clean.

I get all the above but i read that others get it quite often after they first have them
    some try neem oil and other stuff too try kill or reduce the spread of spidermites but i have to ask
    is there anything that willl completely obliterate them from both grow aera and plants?
    i hear watered down alcohol does wonders wit tyhe little fuckers but also read on a garden/house plant thread somewhere on the net that plant acually love cinnamon and any pest bugs around cinnamon detest the stuff and scarper?
    anyone add to this or give there experiance wit the dredded spidermite?
    Last edited by onion ring; 18-05-16 at 09:42 AM. Reason: type-o.... oh!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to onion ring For This Useful Post:

Loki (18-05-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,543 Times

Loki has a good thread on the borg.

For i am mighty💪🌲

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrG For This Useful Post:

Loki (18-05-16), onion ring (18-05-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,740 Times

Quote Originally Posted by onion ring View Post
    Hi guys just asking a quick question that i have been reading about on spidermites
    I see the preventative course of action is keep any dead matter out of growing area. Bringing plants pets and even yourself into your growing area directly after being outside is a big no no.
    and always always keep your grow area tidy/clean.

I get all the above but i read that others get it quite often after they first have them
    some try neem oil and other stuff too try kill or reduce the spread of spidermites but i have to ask
    is there anything that willl completely obliterate them from both grow aera and plants?
    i hear watered down alcohol does wonders wit tyhe little fuckers but also read on a garden/house plant thread somewhere on the net that plant acually love cinnamon and any pest bugs around cinnamon detest the stuff and scarper?
    anyone add to this or give there experiance wit the dredded spidermite?
    As if by magic, here is the link lol.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...es-quot-Thread

The course of action I recommend would be the Floramite & Avid combo. They are expensive & hard to get, but ebay will help. You could probably find a seller with 30ml bottles of each.

"Bees don't waste time explaining to flies why honey is better than shit."

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

ciderboy (18-05-16), MrG (18-05-16), onion ring (18-05-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,385 Times

Vitality plus the old version in a little metal bottle, It is band now but you can still get it, no shit absolutely destroys the little basterds, also turns them into food for your plants,
    After you use it your plants look sad for a day then boom it's like thy just injected steroids lol !

Sent from the cider groom

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ciderboy For This Useful Post:

onion ring (18-05-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,385 Times

Loki,s thrend is a very good one tho!

Sent from the cider groom

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ciderboy For This Useful Post:

onion ring (18-05-16)

Thanks

good man loki for the link bud ive read they are a nightmare to completely get rid off
    had visions of critters from outta space lol
    what would anyones thoughts be on cinnamon as a cheap fix?
    think it could work?
    Hey ciderboy thanks for the input mate ive never had them thankfully but i have taken plants from outside in and at worst got gnats. u think vitality compound to make the old stuff could still be achived or im thinking its now been handed over to labs that vote the stuff no longer user/environment friendly
    thanks guys

12. The Following User Says Thank You to onion ring For This Useful Post:

Loki (18-05-16)

The Aspie Toker Guest

I haven't seen spider mites since I was 6 or 7. We called them blood spiders because when we squashed them, there was nothing but blood.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

onion ring (18-05-16)

Thanks

haha aspie i know the ones you on about mate always see them on top of brick walls

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onion ring For This Useful Post:

The Aspie Toker Guest

They're the ones. I guess they are the same thing. Thankfully, I've never had them on any plants.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

onion ring (19-05-16)

Thanks

there are lots of types of spidermite, the red brick ones are easy to kill but if you get 2 spot borg then its a different matter, these are a 'commercial greenhouse' pest and as such are much more immune to sprays. you either hit em with a two srapy system (i.e two different products 3-4 days apart) or completly clear out your groom and jet5 everything and i mean everything. jet5 is a horticultural bleach. not sure if you can buy it i can get it at work as i grow legal plants as my day job! hope this helps!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrjung For This Useful Post:

MrG (19-05-16), onion ring (19-05-16)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast