Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Getting on the main room

Dr-Chronic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TOKER_REX View Post
    Not as big as I thought then.

Good luck with the build, lots of pics please. Can't beat a bit of d.i.y.

The mother tent took up abit and its only the box room lol

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,888 Times

This is what makes me so jealous. My house was a 3 bedroom but we knocked 2 rooms together for one large bedroom that spans the front of the house. Meaning I don't have a spare room any more to do this kind of thing in. I can't wait to move

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Dr-Chronic Guest

Oh and there's wall lights in the way which tooo off a bit of room lol

Thanks

Looking good mate, I'm in the process of doing something similar. The only thing I'm wondering about is the intake - going to the extent of building a room to keep noise down but then having to have an opening for the intake? (I'd be pulling from the room the growroom is in). Kind of defeats the object lol. How are you going to manage yours?

Thanks

Also I was planning on using 18mm MDF both inside and outside. Rethinking this as I've read MDF isn't keen on moisture and even though the walls would be painted / covered with black and white, there may still be a bit of moisture in the room. Should I look at using MDF for the outside and plasterboard for the inside, or something like OSB for the inside? Sorry for the thread hijack!

Dr-Chronic Guest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14699599_616640108514744_344168720_o.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	334009

Name:	14632596_616639971848091_1850813277_o.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	334010

Name:	14646564_616645625180859_859533747_o.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	334011

Name:	14677965_616645631847525_1977453269_o.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	334012

got to screw the ring main board to the wall, getting 4 more maxibright digilight pro ballasts and end of the month love how cool they run unlike magnetics, and get white wrapping the inside and installing exhaust fan intake air pumps etc

wired a smoke alarm to a plug as i get way to paranoid about fires

thanks for looking guys will update again when ive got spare time off to sort it out

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr-Chronic For This Useful Post:

Happy roken (17-10-16)

Dr-Chronic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sodangerous View Post
    Looking good mate, I'm in the process of doing something similar. The only thing I'm wondering about is the intake - going to the extent of building a room to keep noise down but then having to have an opening for the intake? (I'd be pulling from the room the growroom is in). Kind of defeats the object lol. How are you going to manage yours?
    cut a hole in the wall for whatever size ducting its to be expect that opening it up a tad will make it less sound proofed but compared to what it would of normally sounded like it should be relativley quiet

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr-Chronic For This Useful Post:

Happy roken (17-10-16)

Dr-Chronic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sodangerous View Post
    Also I was planning on using 18mm MDF both inside and outside. Rethinking this as I've read MDF isn't keen on moisture and even though the walls would be painted / covered with black and white, there may still be a bit of moisture in the room. Should I look at using MDF for the outside and plasterboard for the inside, or something like OSB for the inside? Sorry for the thread hijack!
    Just to add mate I use a box room for grow room the intake is right by a Window which is open a jarr for direct air flow so is in same room I believe you can use air from the same room (outter room to grow room) as long as your filters expelling the air

Dr-Chronic Guest

Name:	main 1.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	334185

Name:	main 2.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	8.2 KB 
ID:	334186

Name:	main 3.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	334187

Name:	n.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	5.0 KB 
ID:	334188

got a little bit further with it, getting there bit by bit

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr-Chronic For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (22-10-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,513 Times

Fuck me Dr Your as slow as i am at doing things you started 5 months ago at least mines operational but still not very secret although i sanded one side of outer walls ready for lining paper lol.
    Looking very professional btw i'm subbed.
    Imnice

14. The Following User Says Thank You to imnice For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast