Thread: Anyone lend a hand with Water/Light/Nutes 3-4 weeks in?

Thanks

Default Anyone lend a hand with Water/Light/Nutes 3-4 weeks in?

Hi everyone, as with my previous posts can I get some further help with my 1st grow of Autos?

Not sure if I'm doing things right but I'm just over 3 weeks in, they're potted in their final pots in B&Q compost & Perlite (See Pics). Can you advise on:

1. When / How often do I now water, is it as simple as 'when they're dry'?
    2. Do I / Or when do I add nutrients at this stage - If so what UK type & how often?
    3. Also, when should I change my current 125W CFL Blue light (18/6 cycle) to a 300W CFL Red light (12/12 cycle)?

Many thanks for some much needed assistance!

Jamars

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.2.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	326389Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.2.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	326390Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.2.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	326391

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamars For This Useful Post:

onion ring (21-05-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,888 Times

Hi Jamars.

First let me say it may be worth venturing to our mentored grow part of the forum and finding yourself a mentor.

To answer your questions.

1. Yes we water on wet/dry cycles. So when the pots are getting light and are noticeably dry its time to water.

2. With regard nutrients I can't be sure exactly when to start them. As the compost you have used will have an amount of food that will keep them going for X amount of time. It's easy to spot when they are hungry though as we start to see the yellowing and other give aways associated with being underfed. With regards nutrients I'd suggest the cana Flores and Vega (nutrient specific for cannabis in soil mediums). Start at a very low dosage maybe 1/4 of the stated dose. See how they respond and feed accordingly.

3. With you growing autos I'd honestly say getting the big 300 in now would really help. Can you maybe get the 300 and 125 in together?

Edited for typos

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Valve man; 21-05-16 at 11:50 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valve man For This Useful Post:

Jamars (21-05-16), onion ring (21-05-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,526 Times

Hrllo bud if ur on the vrrve then I just add a bit of rhizertonic to the water n just give them that for a few week as there should be enuff in the soil.
    As always only water when pots light buddy
    As lighting they are autos so should be on 18/6, 20/4 or something somilair no flipping to 12/12 hence the name autos (they automatically flower themselves when they ready)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ye Old Pioneer For This Useful Post:

Jamars (21-05-16), onion ring (21-05-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ValverToker View Post
    Hi Jamars.

First let me say it may be worth venturing to our mentored grow part of the forum and finding yourself a mentor.

To answer your questions.

1. Yes we water on wet/dry cycles. So when the pots are getting light and are noticeably dry its time to water.

2. With regard nutrients I can't be sure exactly when to start them. As the compost you have used will have an amount of food that will keep them going for X amount of time. It's easy to spot when they are hungry though as we start to see the yellowing and other give aways associated with being underfed. With regards nutrients I'd suggest the cana Flores and Vega (nutrient specific for cannabis in soil mediums). Start at a very low dosage maybe 1/4 of the stated dose. See how they respond and feed accordingly.

3. With you growing autos I'd honestly say getting the big 300 in now would really help. Can you maybe get the 300 and 125 in together?

Edited for typos

Thanks ValverToker for the advice and the speed of it!

I'll keep my eye on the leaves for any potential Nute need, with dosage numbers in mind. Honestly i'm gonna struggle getting 2 lights into the grow space (It's a small unused shower cubicle) - Would getting a high W bulb than 300W help maybe?

Will seriously consider the Mentor option - I guess I just lack confidence in growing & I am full of schoolboy/amateurish questions (probably ideal for mentor actually, now I say it!)

Cheers once again.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamars For This Useful Post:

Valve man (21-05-16)

Thanks

Can u not buy some 30w 100w equivalent household cfls (blue) n set them at different heights in the cubicle and add the 300w red where the 125w is now? That way ur pumping the different spectrums of light into the girls

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ye Old Pioneer For This Useful Post:

Jamars (21-05-16), Valve man (21-05-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ye Old Pioneer View Post
    Hrllo bud if ur on the vrrve then I just add a bit of rhizertonic to the water n just give them that for a few week as there should be enuff in the soil.
    As always only water when pots light buddy
    As lighting they are autos so should be on 18/6, 20/4 or something somilair no flipping to 12/12 hence the name autos (they automatically flower themselves when they ready)

Cheers again Ye Old Pioneer!

I've asked you about rhizertonic before and I think it might be time to get some - Any place you can recommend in the UK (B&Q etc) or is it an online thing - Ebay/Amazon etc?

Re: lighting, so are you saying i shouldn't flip things to the 12/12 cycle and keep thing as they are, maybe on a higher W bulb? (My tight-fisted side is just thinking of the electricity bill).

Ta.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamars For This Useful Post:

Ye Old Pioneer (21-05-16)

Thanks

hi mate not really up on autos but your soil isn't bad lots folk on here that grow in soil tend to use it including perlite.
    If you were to get a mentor theres loads that will help
    only advice i can give is if you have the play area of a shower cubical then you have loads of height an reflection if you were to throw the 300w in. saying that the plants will suck your willy if you bless them with a HID lamp
    good luck

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onion ring For This Useful Post:

Jamars (21-05-16), Ye Old Pioneer (21-05-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by onion ring View Post
    hi mate not really up on autos but your soil isn't bad lots folk on here that grow in soil tend to use it including perlite.
    If you were to get a mentor theres loads that will help
    only advice i can give is if you have the play area of a shower cubical then you have loads of height an reflection if you were to throw the 300w in. saying that the plants will suck your willy if you bless them with a HID lamp
    good luck
    G'day Onion Ring

Ta for this, probably not going to get HID lamps just yet - it's a Micro Grow on a Micro Budget if you know what I mean. Let see if I can make it through this 1st grow with CFL's and see where I end up. Kind of a learning curve type thing, but yeah will seriously consider the Mentor help though.

Cheers!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jamars For This Useful Post:

onion ring (21-05-16), Valve man (21-05-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jamars View Post
    Cheers again Ye Old Pioneer!
    I've asked you about rhizertonic before and I think it might be time to get some - Any place you can recommend in the UK (B&Q etc) or is it an online thing - Ebay/Amazon etc?

Re: lighting, so are you saying i shouldn't flip things to the 12/12 cycle and keep thing as they are, maybe on a higher W bulb? (My tight-fisted side is just thinking of the electricity bill).

Ta.
    Im that tight I squeek when I walk lol but the rhizertonic is good stuff. U get it online or from a hydro shop its about 13quid am in uk too

The lights for autos need to be 18/6 or 20/4 or 24/0 for full grow they are automatic flowering go have a read of some diaries in the grow section.
    U can get the household cfl bulbs from homebase they were on offer when I got mine they are only the same as u put in ur lights but will provide depending on ones u buy 2700k blue or 6400k red that spectrum, id buy the blue as side lighting whilst ur red 300w will flower the girls

Critical J has a great cfl diary off top of my head do a search for it bro

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ye Old Pioneer For This Useful Post:

Jamars (21-05-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,888 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Jamars View Post
    G'day Onion Ring

Ta for this, probably not going to get HID lamps just yet - it's a Micro Grow on a Micro Budget if you know what I mean. Let see if I can make it through this 1st grow with CFL's and see where I end up. Kind of a learning curve type thing, but yeah will seriously consider the Mentor help though.

Cheers!
    You'll do just fine. I started under 80w of cfla and pulled 24g of a kush. All done in a wardrobe with loads of light leakage etc haha

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Valve man For This Useful Post:

Jamars (21-05-16)