Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: First time grower

Thanks

get either a 125 or 250 CFL light in there, bin the 35w

get an extraction fan in there but you wont really need an inlet yet as the extraction will pull heat out and draw cool air in from the opening at the bottom

DONT over water, the roots are small so cant take up a lot of water at this stage, they might not look like a lot is happening at this stage but its all going on under ground

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the jakal For This Useful Post:

Amy P (26-05-16), Teezy (24-05-16)

Thanks

Thanks jackal if I switched to CFL what colour temp should I get??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Also will switching now not affect the plant??

Thanks

No mate wont affect the plant. Get a 250w cfl. Go hps too. You want a 250w or 400w hps kit. A 400w will do 3 plants nicely 250w will do 1 or 2 nicely. You will be able to ask the guys in the shop for a shade that will fit your cfl bulb too and an adaptor to plug your shade straight into the socket. You will need a ballast when using your hps bulbs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bigjaw For This Useful Post:

Teezy (24-05-16)

Thanks

Thanks mate!! I am literally looking at bulbs online now, am torn really as my cab is only 0.85m tall with approx 0.65m total height left to the top of the unit, don't know if a shade is really an option as I would like to leave as much space as possible, as the LED has taken up a lot of space I want to eliminate that, would it be okay without a shade?? I have completely covered the inside with reflective material was hoping I could count on that? I have read that cfl you need to change the colour temps for diff stages of growth, is this true??

Thanks

Also do I need to but a grow CFL or an ordinary one from the hardware?? I don't mind spend the extra cash just don't want to spend it unnecessarily

Thanks

maxbright 125w or 250w blue 6400 kelvin should do you in the space you have to start with, the shade wont take up too much space at the top either.

hardware shop lights are the wrong spectrum for plants.

with all bulbs you should really change the colour as plants need more blue in veg and more red in flower,

with your space your gonna struggle with hight so if you use a 600w HPS you need about 15 to 18 inch between the light and top of the plant,
    i would probably just use a 400w CFL all the way through until you can get a bigger space to do another

10. The Following User Says Thank You to the jakal For This Useful Post:

Teezy (25-05-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,727 Times

Quote Originally Posted by dick turpin View Post
    Get some water and let it sit at room temp for 24 hours and give them a good run through, don't ph!

All the recommendations you've had are great but that post right there answered your question. The seed company was b******* when they told you to pH you don't want to do that in soil that's why your leaves are looking funky.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

2generations (28-05-16), Amy P (28-05-16), Teezy (31-05-16)

Thanks

normal water has enough nutrients for them at the beginning, no need to PH................ DONT over water them

after a week or two give them a bit of plant start in the feed

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the jakal For This Useful Post:

2generations (28-05-16), Teezy (31-05-16)

Thanks

Hey guys, thanks for all the help, so I must not PH my water at all throughout the for?? I have taken everyone's answers into consideration and have seen some good results pics to follow

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Teezy For This Useful Post:

Jingo (31-05-16)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast