Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Up-potting and the need to feed

Thanks

Default Up-potting and the need to feed

Hello all,

I am looking for some advice/input into my current grow. I am growing in organic soil under 600 watt HIDs. This is only my second grow but learned a bunch in my first grow! In my last grow, I germinated and planted directly in 1L pots then transplanted into 7 gallon, where they finished. I started feeding way too early and ran into some toxicity issues. So, this time I am up-potting several times... 3 times so far and am currently in 3.5 gallon pots. My girls are 6 weeks old and seem to be doing great! My question is, should I start feeding them even though they are doing well or should I just continue on until I get them in their final pots and the natural fertilizers are depleted?

Thanks!
    H420

Hobbit Guest

Pics would help mate.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,526 Times

If they nice green n healthy let them tick over when they start to pale then start adding a bit feed

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ye Old Pioneer For This Useful Post:

Amy P (31-05-16), Hobby420 (30-05-16), Kindanew420 (30-05-16), M_C (30-05-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Pics would help mate.
    Here ya go :-)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	326892
    Last edited by Hobby420; 30-05-16 at 01:43 AM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,618 Times

Looking a bit pale if your final pot is going to be 7 gallons you may want re pot right now. And then head into flower in about 3 weeks maybe. That way the fertilizers in your soil would be depleted about the time you needed to start feeding Bloom nutrients.

Another thing to consider is how you are watering. You want to have about 10 to 15% runoff each time you water and you don't want your plants to drink that back up.

Those plants are stretchy are you going to have the Headroom?
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

M_C (30-05-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    Looking a bit pale if your final pot is going to be 7 gallons you may want re pot right now.

Another thing to consider is how you are watering. You want to have about 10 to 15% runoff each time you water and you don't want your plants to drink that back up.

Those plants are stretchy are you going to have the Headroom?
    Hey Jingo,

Thanks for the feedback. Here is a better picture re: colour.....

Views:	32 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	326900

The stretch you are seeing is because they set under CFLs for too long because of a rookie mistake I made by not having my grow-room ready in time. These plants have only been under the HIDs for 10 days. On that note, I have tons of room for stretch but I am going to LST them over the next couple of weeks. My final pots are going to be 15 gallon smart pots so I am planning to to go to 7 gallon in the next couple of weeks then to the 1 gallon just prior to switch.

Would love your opinion on colour with this pic!

Thanks!

The Aspie Toker Guest

They only stretch under CFL is the lights are too far away. Have them closer and the won't stretch.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,415 Times

If you re-pot now you won't need to feed anything as the soil will have some feed in it - depending on what soil your using it could last up to 2 weeks without nutrients, I didn't need any grow nutrients with my last grow as they were potted on 3 times and the fresh soil fed them till I went into bloom, I would only use grow if you see pale leaves, and they start dying then it's time for the grow nutrients, hope this helps.................................
    REGARDS MJCTHC1

P.P.P.P.P.P. - Perfect Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

"Keep it green and full of light"

http:/Completed 2nd diary 32 oz from 9 plants

Check out my first attempt at a diary

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-diary-attempt

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MJCTHC1 For This Useful Post:

Hobby420 (30-05-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,415 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Hobby420 View Post
    Hey Jingo,

Thanks for the feedback. Here is a better picture re: colour.....

Views:	32 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	326900

The stretch you are seeing is because they set under CFLs for too long because of a rookie mistake I made by not having my grow-room ready in time. These plants have only been under the HIDs for 10 days. On that note, I have tons of room for stretch but I am going to LST them over the next couple of weeks. My final pots are going to be 15 gallon smart pots so I am planning to to go to 7 gallon in the next couple of weeks then to the 1 gallon just prior to switch.

Would love your opinion on colour with this pic!

Thanks!
    She looks great - lovely color not too dark and not too light, you'll not need to feed if your transplanting soon...........................

Regards - MJCTHC1

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MJCTHC1 For This Useful Post:

Hobby420 (30-05-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MJCTHC1 View Post
    If you re-pot now you won't need to feed anything as the soil will have some feed in it - depending on what soil your using it could last up to 2 weeks without nutrients, I didn't need any grow nutrients with my last grow as they were potted on 3 times and the fresh soil fed them till I went into bloom, I would only use grow if you see pale leaves, and they start dying then it's time for the grow nutrients, hope this helps.................................
    Hey MJCTHC1,

This is excellent feedback! I am using an certified organic soil and adding some molasses every watering to feed the herd. The soil is very rich and I was hoping to avoid feeding until bloom. I found a great way to transplant larger plants with minimal stress, hence all the up-potting.

Thanks again!

H420

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast