Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Spider mites

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

Default Spider mites

Hi all I'm thinking I may have spider mites after researching these splotches.
    I'm not 100%, maybe just light burn from water droplets or something maybe from humidifier??
    I can't seem to find anything under the leaves with the microscope, I was trying to zoom in on the little specs I seen under there but unsure whether it was just soil or bugs maybe?
    I've just sprayed Epsom salts in there and have them a really good drenching to hopefully run anything of the leaves.( not because of this, but just for magnesium nearly 3 weeks in)
    I will spray this plant invigorator in a few days to try and rid any pests that are there, if any.
    Thanks for looking??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,727 Times

Doesn't look like spider mites to me but the only way to tell is to get a good close-up under the leaf. You can see them really easy with Jeweler's loupe. They also tend to like to climb up to the top of the plant every night after lights-out so you might look around at the top of your plants for the problem.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Donmitch0121 (09-06-16), Dutchcourage (20-08-16), Hippy Crack (03-06-16)

Thanks

I agree ^^. You need to check I've leaves out so be obvious if it's bugs.

Thanks

Default Spider mites

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    Doesn't look like spider mites to me but the only way to tell is to get a good close-up under the leaf. You can see them really easy with Jeweler's loupe. They also tend to like to climb up to the top of the plant every night after lights-out so you might look around at the top of your plants for the problem.
    Hope it's not, so in your opinion what do you think is the best defence presuming it was?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,740 Times

Pick a leaf off the plant, use a loupe to inspect the underside of the affected leaf.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1464943006352.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	327175

These are eggs of the 2 spotted spidermite, look very closely, if you have them you will need to jump into action. I would suggest this to start:

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1464943213047.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	327176

Then 4 days later:

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1464943230348.jpg 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	327177

The first will do a good job at killing the adult mites, the second will kill the eggs & remaining adults. You'll need to treat the plants for up to 2 weeks. The above will be fine during veg but not flowering. If vegging, spray the entire plant, under leaves, stems, pots & general area. I have a thread regarding how to deal with spidermites, it tells of a pepper spray that is 100% organic & that can be used in flower.

"Bees don't waste time explaining to flies why honey is better than shit."

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (20-08-16), JB (03-06-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Pick a leaf off the plant, use a loupe to inspect the underside of the affected leaf.

These are eggs of the 2 spotted spidermite, look very closely, if you have them you will need to jump into action. I would suggest this to start:

Then 4 days later:

The first will do a good job at killing the adult mites, the second will kill the eggs & remaining adults. You'll need to treat the plants for up to 2 weeks. The above will be fine during veg but not flowering. If vegging, spray the entire plant, under leaves, stems, pots & general area. I have a thread regarding how to deal with spidermites, it tells of a pepper spray that is 100% organic & that can be used in flower.
    Never actually thought of taking a leaf off to inspect it, so simple yet so awesome thanks, I'll find the thread up!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post

Then 4 days later:

Loki I've seen them little eggs just now. Little beggars aren't invited and they're getting turfed out, I've given them a good dose of the stuff I've already got but will also get this other stuff you suggested as its not worth risking. Thanks for your help, legend, you've saved me my smokes!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (20-08-16), Jingo (03-06-16), Loki (03-06-16)

Thanks

I had spider mites recently also. I was devastated thinking is never be able to totally get rid of them but I drenched my plants with neem oil every 3 days for about 2 weeks and it completely irradiated them. The neem oil is without doubt my favourite growing product and i have and will use it as a preventative from now on during veg and early flower

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hanny098 For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (20-08-16), Jingo (09-06-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

Yeah neem oil works for all.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SofiaBaker For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (20-08-16), Hippy Crack (20-08-16)

Viz Guest

Do the biological predators of the spider mites not sort them?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast