Thread: How many balls should a plant have before you judge it male and give it the chop.

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 6

Default Answered: How many balls should a plant have before you judge it male and give it the chop.

How many balls should a plant have before you judge it male and give it the chop, Hello its new to me this reg business just mainly had females to deal with got HFH doing some in door ready to go out just some are just starting to show sex at about 4 weeks old now, I've pulled two yesterday suspected of being dudes. My question is two more are just showing like one ball pretty sure they are not females but not one hundred percent sure as HFH is a new strain to me outdoor breed. Not much point in taking pictures I can only just see them by eye using magnifying glass but they are balls with no hair coming out just at the top of the plant looks male to me.

Anyway should I leave them a couple more days just to be sure will it hurt or is one ball justice enough to chop them, any thought be much appreciated.

Regards SQ.

2. "
    Quote Originally Posted by Solo Quin View Post
    How many balls should a plant have before you judge it male and give it the chop, Hello its new to me this reg business just mainly had females to deal with got HFH doing some in door ready to go out just some are just starting to show sex at about 4 weeks old now, I've pulled two yesterday suspected of being dudes. My question is two more are just showing like one ball pretty sure they are not females but not one hundred percent sure as HFH is a new strain to me outdoor breed. Not much point in taking pictures I can only just see them by eye using magnifying glass but they are balls with no hair coming out just at the top of the plant looks male to me.

Anyway should I leave them a couple more days just to be sure will it hurt or is one ball justice enough to chop them, any thought be much appreciated.

Regards SQ.
    It wont hurt to leave them a couple of days mate they wont start droppin pollen for a while yet  wait until you see the stem of the ball develop just to be certain, although a ball is a ball mate "

MrChedHead Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Solo Quin View Post

Regards SQ.
    It wont hurt to leave them a couple of days mate they wont start droppin pollen for a while yet  wait until you see the stem of the ball develop just to be certain, although a ball is a ball mate

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrChedHead For This Useful Post:

Solo Quin (04-06-16)

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 6

Agree a couple more days won't hurt pretty sure they are dudes waiting to expose themself the two that got pulled had a little bunch of balls up near the top stem it started forming like a bud turning yellow but had balls and a couple under it as well. I'm expected a few males with reg's so its no surprise but a female is showing hairs so just got me worrying about the males being in there as well.

Cheers Toptoker.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Solo Quin For This Useful Post: