Thread: Tip for mixing silicon

MrChedHead Guest

Default Tip for mixing silicon

Thought id post this to give you peeps a hand if you having problems with cloudy nute mixes 😊

You always add silicon to your water first then add nutes later but if not done right you end up with a really cloudy mix full of floaters as the silicon turns back into its solid form, this is no good as your plant wont be able to uptake it.....

The trick is....

Add silicon to your water, stir and mix well...
    The ph will rise to around 9ish...
    Adjust your PH to 7 ....
    Then add the rest of your nutes, stir and mix well, leave to stand
    Then adjust your PH for the uptake of your nutrients

Result
    Nice clear nutrient mix 😊

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrChedHead For This Useful Post:

ciderboy (08-06-16), onion ring (08-06-16), Pablo (05-02-18), Valve man (08-06-16)

Thanks

i wonder would it act like molasses and what harm would there be adding hot water?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,385 Times

Quote Originally Posted by onion ring View Post
    i wonder would it act like molasses and what harm would there be adding hot water?
    Molasses and silicone do differnt jobs
    Silicone helps with structure of the plant like cell walls , and molasses helps feed the micro herd witch in turn feeds your plant , that's how I understand it?
    When I use molasses I do put it with hot water to dissolve it first befor mixing it into the mix !

I don't ride the crazy train I drive the mother fucker

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ciderboy For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (15-06-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by onion ring View Post
    I was always told to ad to warm not hot water than ad to your tank b4 any thing else.. And with ph up/down mix 1:10 ph/h2o b4 putting in your tank..
    Just chillin in ma long johns reading about plants. And it's ten plants max man. Don't be an idiot new guy .