Thread: Cfl or LED due to heat issues?

Thanks

Default Cfl or LED due to heat issues?

Hi guys. Newbie here and new to growing. But my smoke was costing too much and terrible strains flying around. I've made the decision to grow my own.

Currently got my first crop under 600w MH but I want to get some clones on the go in the spare room to cut out time in-between crops.

The room gets mega hot and I don't really want to be powering a hps and a MH at once due to the electricity bills and the wife moaning shes feeding the meter more than the kids lol. So was thinking either a 250w blue cfl or one of those 900w led systems.

What's going to be the better option to veg 4 plants. I could always put under the MH For the last final week of veg or so.

Aby help is much appreciated and thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,775 Times

In theory! The 900w LED should be the better option... in theory...!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Coalpoolwalla (09-06-16), Valve man (08-06-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,888 Times

Nothing wrong with using a large 300w dual spectrum or blue spectrum cfl in a shade.

I use 270w of cfl to raise my plants and then they have a week to 10 days under 400mh and then to the 600hps

Check out my diary for Agent Orange

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=142079

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Valve man For This Useful Post:

Coalpoolwalla (09-06-16)