Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First Timer nearly ready to go

Thanks

Default First Timer nearly ready to go

Ok

So I have my tent set up, been running it full tilt for about an hour now. I have 3 pots with soil in there, Co2 bag just no plants because I want to see what is what.

Temp: 24.9c
    Humidity: 49%

From what I have read humidity needs to be around 70% for vegging. Should I take steps to up the humidity now before I sew my seeds, or will the plants and water I add raise it enough?

Any advice is as always very much appreciated

kind regards

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,888 Times

I'd leave it at the moment 49% humidity with no plants in there yet suggest it will raise.

Best of luck with the new grow buddy.

Check out my diary for Agent Orange

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=142079

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Valve man For This Useful Post:

StumpyHead (09-06-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ValverToker View Post
    I'd leave it at the moment 49% humidity with no plants in there yet suggest it will raise.

Best of luck with the new grow buddy.

that's what I suspected... thatks for the help

just looked and you have an almost identical set up. Only difference is nutes and medium. I've gone the organic route.. what can I say I'm a bit of a hippy at heart lol

Them buds look lush though. I know mine won't be anything like that because one, i'm a noob and two, apparently soils don't have as much yield but, i'm after quality over quantity. That's not to say yours or anybody's here is of bad quality, by quality I mean organic lol

Regards

5. The Following User Says Thank You to StumpyHead For This Useful Post:

Valve man (09-06-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,888 Times

Quote Originally Posted by StumpyHead View Post
    that's what I suspected... thatks for the help

just looked and you have an almost identical set up. Only difference is nutes and medium. I've gone the organic route.. what can I say I'm a bit of a hippy at heart lol

Them buds look lush though. I know mine won't be anything like that because one, i'm a noob and two, apparently soils don't have as much yield but, i'm after quality over quantity. That's not to say yours or anybody's here is of bad quality, by quality I mean organic lol

Regards
    I'm a amateur at best still buddy. Nothing to say you can't do the same in soil with enough training and effort.

What strain are you running?

Thanks

Feck feck feck!!!

Just checked again

Temp: 31.1c
    Humidity: 35%

I was told I was going to struggle with the temp! Bought the kit with the largest fan for that kit (5") and got an oscillating fant and vents at the bottom open but pants! I have super lumens on and I really don't want to have to run it without or even at a lower wattage. Can't afford any more kit i'm maxed out.

Please help lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ValverToker View Post
    I'm a amateur at best still buddy. Nothing to say you can't do the same in soil with enough training and effort.

What strain are you running?

Well it's just for persy so i'm not too bothered. if i get some good quality bud to last me so I only have to run once/twice a year I will be a very happy boy.

I'm not sure on the strain, my bro gave me and said super skunk but the company he got them from doesn't do super skunk, they only do super shark so I am guessing it's the latter... apparently it's an Afghan haze cross skunk #1

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

Don't panic mate humidity will rise with plants in there. And do u need super lumens on yet ? I only use that for a blast for the last two weeks of flowering. 31 isn't to bad I got up to 38 last year and ended up putting frozen water bottles in the tent in front of the fans to cool it down a bit. I'm only on 3rd grow winter temps down to3 degrees summer temps up to 38 degrees and it all still turned out good �� Just plenty of air movement and keep light distance away from plants if it's to hot good luck mate

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

StumpyHead (09-06-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger-bud View Post
    Don't panic mate humidity will rise with plants in there. And do u need super lumens on yet ? I only use that for a blast for the last two weeks of flowering. 31 isn't to bad I got up to 38 last year and ended up putting frozen water bottles in the tent in front of the fans to cool it down a bit. I'm only on 3rd grow winter temps down to3 degrees summer temps up to 38 degrees and it all still turned out good �� Just plenty of air movement and keep light distance away from plants if it's to hot good luck mate
    Hi thanks

Here's something interesting

I want to go as close to nature as possible so i decided to go straight to (germinate in their final pots) so I googled and somebody suggested that when you do that: 1: you don't stress the plant by messing it about with transplanting etc and 2: it will adapt to whatever lights you have etc. Maybe, If I pop the seeds in that environment without changing the environment they might be okay. Ya know, like in the wild?

Ad yeah if you did okay then why not. I mean, in some of the countries weed grows, 30c + isn't abnormal at all. so may chain of thinking says. If you grow from seed straght in the pot in the environment it's going to be in from start to finish, maybe it won't be such an issue?

Anyway thanks for the support mate

regards

Thanks

Average summer temps...

India: 32–40 °C
    Afghanistan: as high as 49 °C
    25°C

Hmmm... I am going to try something... I am going to germinate my seeds in their final pots, in the environment they will live in from start to finish and leave it as is. and see the results.

I'm only in it for personal so as long as I get some decent smoke I am happy

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

Yeah makes sense mate just don't blast the seedlings with 1000watt lights from the start or you'll cook them before they get going. A gentle breeze will help Strengthen them up just like nature

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast