Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Carbon filter with air cooled reflector?

Thanks

Default Carbon filter with air cooled reflector?

Hello all. It's that time of year again and heats an issue !! Getting an air cooled light and want it connected like this. - CF -> extractor fan -> ducting -> air cooled hood -> ducting and out. Will I be able to run my extractor 24/7 or will this cause problems to the air cooled hood when the lights of? Also how much yield would I be loosing when avering 10oz from 600w standard euro barn reflector to the air cooled hood?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HarryFord For This Useful Post:

Ginger-bud (09-06-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,385 Times

I'd go cf, ducting if needed cooled hood ducting then fan ducting and out , you can get a fan controller that speeds the fan up when gets hot and slows done when gets cooler hope this helps?👍

I don't ride the crazy train I drive the mother fucker

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ciderboy For This Useful Post:

Ginger-bud (09-06-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

Mine is set up like CF - ducting -air cooled hood - ducting - fan - ducting - out. using an 8 inch rvk fan on 24/7 averaged between 12 and 20 oz on my first 3 grows in a wilma with 600w light. Can get the light down 12 inches from plants cos the heat is being drawn out the light. So u might find your yield goes up
    Ah yeah and a fan controller is very helpful !

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So you would advise pulling air through and not pushing ? See I was lead to believe that it would effect the extractor ? Also the yield averages about the same I see depending on strains because u can move the light closer to the canopy

Thanks

I'm no expert but I think if you have a fan matched to your size of filter it can handle pushing or pulling just depends on what's best for your set up , I had to have fan outside tent in a box because of the noise so that's what works for me.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

Waltzeh (18-03-17)

Thanks

Im interested in all this also as im tempted to rig mine up like It but was told not to and to add another fan wich i dont have room or outlets for

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

CF-Fan-Cool Hood-Out

You don't want the fan after the cool hood as when the lights are on then the fan will be shifting hot air that can cause premature failure of the fan...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Diddydon (15-06-16), Lexlugar (15-06-16)

Thanks

Well I'm using 8 inch fan with 8 inch filter and a 6 inch air cooled hood with some reducers for the ducting to attach to the light. The fan is probably a good 8 foot away from the filter and it still sucks enough the tent inside out if I turn it up to half power.
    Good point MC I can't say I've had any problems with mine yet although I'm still a noob and it's only 8 months old.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,224 Times

I would have the fan before the cool hood pushing air through, like MC said hot air can cause problems with the fan and also having positive pressure is better than negative pressure in your hood and ducting... With positive pressure any leaks will just blow the air back in to the groom, but if you have negative pressure you run the risk of pulling un filtered air outside of the tent.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ReeferDankness For This Useful Post:

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ReeferDankness View Post
    I would have the fan before the cool hood pushing air through, like MC said hot air can cause problems with the fan and also having positive pressure is better than negative pressure in your hood and ducting... With positive pressure any leaks will just blow the air back in to the groom, but if you have negative pressure you run the risk of pulling un filtered air outside of the tent.
    Thats good advice about the pressure and possible leaks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast