Thread: Cooling my loft grow help meeeeee fellow pot heads

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

Default Answered: Cooling my loft grow help meeeeee fellow pot heads

My lofts on flower week 5 and I'm doing days at night to control heat off, and use smscom
    My problem is lights out in day is hitting 36 atm with heat waves we have, outside terms are 28 to 30
    But the loft glows red with heat I've insulated everything

My problem is my intakes in the loft, my boss won't let me put a vent in the roof so we can vent from cool rooms he don't want noffin out the loft

Making life hard as room temp downstairs is 20 perfect,

I thought about putting the ducts in a fridge? What can I do if I'm not allowed to vent from the house to cool my intake
    The lofts 36,
    When lights come on it drops down to 29 after a few hrs but by lights out is hitting 32 from loft temps again

I extract out the roof vents BTW

2. "In your situation I'd consider using an air conditioning unit. Assuming your loft is one grow room use it to cool the whole room.

Check out my diary for Agent Orange

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=142079"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to autoteaser For This Useful Post:

Ahhhchidori (10-06-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,888 Times
    Provided Answers: 14

In your situation I'd consider using an air conditioning unit. Assuming your loft is one grow room use it to cool the whole room.

Check out my diary for Agent Orange

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=142079

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times
    Provided Answers: 510

Yeah, weathers a little warmer than seasonal... a bit annoying for growers... very pleasant weather to have a day in the garden though....

A lot of loft growers grow over the winter period due to the issue that you have... it's easier to keep a groom warm than to cool it...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Valve man (09-06-16), Ye Old Pioneer (09-06-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,740 Times
    Provided Answers: 69

The best option is an air conditioning unit, but they are expensive to run & noisy too. You could upgrade your extraction fans to a larger one, this will shift more air. I'm in the UK & currently hitting 30°c under 2x 600w.

"Bees don't waste time explaining to flies why honey is better than shit."

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

yeah dont think i can afford an ac unit adn the cost to run it wud proib beat my yeild lol,

if i intake from the roof is it not going to be liek 10x hotter on all my cieling and it helps, i have 1 foot each side of exposed tiles that seem hot,
    the sides are plasterboarded, but have gaps at the ends, near water tank etc.

do you think if i get more of the fail and fill in the gaps , and maybe staple some bedsheets over the walls to ''seall'' any cracks? do ya thinkg it wil improve much,?

the buble foil feels warm but the tiles feel hot, 1foot x4m of tile down each side ... i guess is enough to be classed as a radiator
    Last edited by B.A.BARACUS; 10-06-16 at 12:57 AM.

Thanks

I'd use a AC unit , thinking of getting 1 myself because of this heat

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50F using Tapatalk