Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Backbuilding buds?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Ye Old Pioneer View Post
    Just came across this. I been talking to someone else who was on about this he was adamant it works and I was going to try it but thought as u BG a d wasnt prepared to have to chop the slag after all the effort ive put into them
    It's not something I'd recommend unless you can afford to have the downfall . Like I said I've tried it and it worked . So the next batch I snipped the tips off them all and everything grew bananas . Then after speaking with four or more experienced growers . It came to light it was the back building that had caused this . Stopped snipping stopped growing bananas . IMHO you need a real hardy plant that doesn't suffer from stress to do this successfully . Quite a few methods of LA's are out there and the flux works but at the same time causes massive amounts of stress . Where a good mainlined plant has the same effect but without the massive amount of stress . It's a gamble I'm not prepared to take

sent from mission control

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

Blue (30-08-16), ERBURT (31-08-16), Happy roken (01-09-16), Skunky n funky (03-09-16), Ye Old Pioneer (30-08-16), _teapot_ (30-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,526 Times

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ye Old Pioneer For This Useful Post:

British green (30-08-16), Dutchcourage (30-08-16), Skunky n funky (03-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,277 Times

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    It's not something I'd recommend unless you can afford to have the downfall . Like I said I've tried it and it worked . So the next batch I snipped the tips off them all and everything grew bananas . Then after speaking with four or more experienced growers . It came to light it was the back building that had caused this . Stopped snipping stopped growing bananas . IMHO you need a real hardy plant that doesn't suffer from stress to do this successfully . Quite a few methods of LA's are out there and the flux works but at the same time causes massive amounts of stress . Where a good mainlined plant has the same effect but without the massive amount of stress . It's a gamble I'm not prepared to take

sent from mission control
    Same here B.G, I'm not kicking 4 months into touch

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dutchcourage For This Useful Post:

British green (30-08-16), Skunky n funky (03-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

I wouldn't do this, but if it works for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

British green (31-08-16), Skunky n funky (03-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,398 Times

Interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BB For This Useful Post:

British green (31-08-16), Skunky n funky (03-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

I sort of did this with a head that got burned on a lamp on my current grow so i chopped it off all it seemed to do is grow another head off that one

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BritishBotanics For This Useful Post:

Skunky n funky (03-09-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LouisOG View Post
    So I recently heard about backbuilding plants, a lot of growers i know had never heard about it so i though I'd ask here. I'm growing a few indicas outdoors and wondered if backbuilding would be beneficial for my grow.

So backbuilding is meant to form more dense buds, that are all of uniform shape! The actual cut is so tiny that it doesn't stall or delay the budding. It doesn't hurt the plant, instead just gives really appealing nugs that are very dense.

Knowing this information I've been wondering if its worth doing? What do you guys think? Are you already doing it? If you've just heard about this would you consider doing it?

Hopefully this technique can improve my grow???
    Gonna try this to my sensi skunk tonight 👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼👊🏼✌🏼️💚🔥

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5