Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Marijuana beer.

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fwank View Post
    How did that work out? Get you high?

My lungs are bad got asthma so I either cook mine into edibles or vape. This beer idea seems to be a winner so far. All my mates are wanting to try a batch when it's done Haha.
    Lol it was many years ago mate , cant say i remember it getting us drunk lol. Just a flavour thing. Now days common sense would suggest we wasted our buds as the alcohol most likely leached out our THC.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,438 Times

Don't care for the flavour in the beer. I want it to get me high Haha. Only time will tell as soon as my grow is finished I'm brewing it.

Hobbit Guest

I would say you'd need to add a lot of buds mate how many liters is your wort

Thanks

Wort will be 23L

Hobbit Guest

Standard then, i wonder if soaking the bud for a bit in cold water would help get some of the chlorophyll out so you dont get that shitty taste. Also i rekon youd want a lot of bud for that wort. Why not try a half brew?

Thanks

My kettle doesn't handle half brews well. Think I'm going to make a tincture with the leaves.

And supposedly boiling the bud makes the thc soluble. According to the research I've done.

Hobbit Guest

You could do a split brew. Simmer the buds separately and pitch them into one of the splits. I really dont think that amount of weed in a full wort would do much bar change the flavour. Possibly not for the best either. Yes the oil will extract with simmering. Better to simmer it long and steady, not to hot. Maybe just a slow roll for an hour or so. I read a thread on here on making oil with alcohol and one suggested that if you soaked the weed first a lot of chlorophyll can be removed and thats where the bad taste lie. Never tried it but it sounds like a fair view.

Hobbit Guest

on one grow i stuck my air lock into some clear tubing and stuck it in the tent. Not sure that had any co2 effect or not lol. But im like you dont want to waste anything lol.

Thanks

Possible answer is to water cure the bud first . Which is completely submerging in water for 10 -14 days and empting and refilling with fresh water daily . That will draw out the cloro and remove the crap taste . then you need to dry
    No matter where you go , there you are .

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dickiefickle For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dickiefickle View Post
    Possible answer is to water cure the bud first . Which is completely submerging in water for 10 -14 days and empting and refilling with fresh water daily . That will draw out the cloro and remove the crap taste . then you need to dry
    Will give it a try a few sources online mention that the chlorophyll leaves a hoppy taste.

The beer making seems to be the easy part extracting Thc seems harder.

Also I put a demijohn of brew in my tent not sure if it helped but not wasting anything

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fwank For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast