Thread: Flushing Conundrum - Strawberry Cough - 9 Week Flower - Help Appreciated!

Thanks

Default Flushing Conundrum - Strawberry Cough - 9 Week Flower - Help Appreciated!

Alright mates, so I'm doing my first grow atm with a friend. Only three plants, Strawberry Cough from Dutch Passion. So far the plants seem great to me but I am new to cannabis cultivation. Currently my girls are in the middle of Week 7. The Dutch Passion site said that Strawberry Cough has a 9 week flowering cycle with two main points of explosive growth; one in week four, and one in week nine.

I've been under the impression that a plants flowering cycle should include flushing period. I would like to flush for 2 weeks, so my friend and I decided that we would continue giving the plant nutrients through Week 7 and 8, beginning flush at the start of week 9 and running for a total of 10 weeks before harvest.

What I want to know is, is it okay to begin with the 2 week flushing process at the end of week 8, or should I continue giving the plant nutrients through week 9 in order to facilitate the period of explosive growth I read about on the Dutch Passion site? If I do this, I'll still want to have a 2 week flush so I'd have to end up running the crop for a total of 11 weeks flower before harvest. If I started flush at the end of week 8, would their still be considerable growth during week 9 or does flushing damage weight/resin production? Should I wait until the plant looks 100% ready and then give a 2 week flush?

Will attach some pics for curiosity's sake. Thanks for your patience guys!

Sorry about the URLS being full of spaces - the forum wont let me post links because my post count is under 10 >
    PICS:
    h ttp:/ /i67 .tinypic. co m/2cheeq.jpg
    http : //i68. tinypic.c o m/30cug75.jpg
    http :/ /i63.tinypic.co m/2mfihd.jpg
    h t tp://i6 8 .tinypic .c om/30cug75.jpg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Romplestylchen For This Useful Post:

Ollski (14-06-16)

Thanks

I'm in a similar situation. Flushing is new to me. Following this post for answers

Thanks

I'm doing g force from Dutch passion seeds at the moment.. It's also has a 9 week flowering time I use flawless flush for 3 days and then flush for a week after with plain water. I start the flush on week nine along as the trics are looking right.
    Iv always been told to look at the tricomes through a 60x + loop.. You can tell more precisely when you want to chop. Some more experienced people will be on to answer but that's my input!
    Live the high life🔥

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to budbomb01 For This Useful Post:

rockhopper (14-06-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,224 Times

Personally I flush for 10 days, also I wouldn't go with the times the breeder states. I always go by the colour of the trics, get a 60x or more magnifier and depending on the effect you want start your flush based on that. Personally I like a heavy couch stone so will normally start my flush when I see around 15-20% amber.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ReeferDankness For This Useful Post:

rockhopper (14-06-16), Romplestylchen (14-06-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,965 Times

Hi

What RD says!
    Breeders intel is gleaned from stats supplied from grows run under optimum/surgical conditions, at best they should only be considered as a guide only!
    What you want from the plant in terms of effect, allied to ambering up of the trics is the trigger to start flushing, bear in mind organic & non-organic grows have different flush requirements.

ATB

Thanks

Cheers for the input everyone - I'll look about getting a suitable magnifying lens. My mate's dad (who is an old school geezer; did his grows in the 80s and 90s) has said that he would gauge the flushing period by the percentage of white to amber hairs on the buds, waiting until around 40-50% of the bud was covered in amber hair.

In truth I'm not particularly bothered what sort of high I get from my plants. At this point I'm more concerned with giving them the proper opportunity to fill out and beef up the yield. I'm still unclear as to whether or not engaging the flush period too early could stop the plant from beefing up.

Here's a quote from the Dutch Passion Strawberry Cough page:
    "The total flowering time takes about 9 weeks. The first and most powerful growth spurt of flowers ends in week four, the second at week 9."

Verily, it is this second powerful growth spurt I want to see happen! Will this still happen if I'm flushing through week 9? Would it be better to nute through week 9 or am I unnecessarily extending my grow op by a week? Sorry if I'm not being clear. Many bongs smoked.

Thanks

UGH can't edit the above post. My mates dad recommends 70% not 40-50, my apologies guys. This site is so harsh to new users!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,730 Times

I'd feed right into that second growth spurt they talk and try and pack on some good final weight, as long as your trichomes are clear or mostly clear feed all you want. Once they start to turn Cloudy with a sativa you probably should be flushing.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Romplestylchen (14-06-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,888 Times

Similar situation for me I am 2 days off 8 weeks and I have cloudy/milky trichs so I'm starting my flush. Last thing I want is couchlocky green

Check out my diary for Agent Orange

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=142079