Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Ironman's stealth hot box! UK SHED STYLE.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by tom222 View Post
    Real nice idea mate, and top workmanship/!
    I'm still in the process of doing a insulated shed groom (4 plants) as the uk winter is a bit harsh for growing in sheds without insulation.
    Tom
    Thanks pal, I'm reaping the beifits now. 😁

The grows keep getting better and better.

Good luck with your mukka😉

Sent from, Thames Iron Works.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-17), Ginger-bud (25-10-17), tom222 (23-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Hats off for this thread- so glad I found it. Its given me so much inspiration to construct a grow room within my garage. Don't think it will be joinery perfection quite like yours but much better than the old cupboard i have now.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-17), Ironman (16-11-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Hats off for this thread- so glad I found it. Its given me so much inspiration to construct a grow room within my garage. Don't think it will be joinery perfection quite like yours but much better than the old cupboard i have now.
    Thanks pal, I appreciate it😊

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-12-17)

Thanks

Same here, only just come across this thread but I'm already stealing loads of ideas lol, awesome build mate.

If you don't mind me picking your brain for a minute, how did you get on with building the silencer box or did you not bother? (apologies, I skip read some of the thread ).
    The reason I ask is earlier in the year I built an acoustic box for a guitar amp speaker so I could do silent home recording, I don't use it much now so I was considering turning it into a home for my 6" extraction fan, but given the box is already lined with shit loads of acoustic foam I may try and turn into something to control the decibels of the air moving out of the house.
    To be honest the sound of the air coming from the duct is not really something I'd considered until I read this thread, I was more concerned with keeping the fan quiet as it's a loft I'm building the grow room in.
    Let's get it on!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beezerk For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-17), Ironman (17-11-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beezerk View Post
    Same here, only just come across this thread but I'm already stealing loads of ideas lol, awesome build mate.

If you don't mind me picking your brain for a minute, how did you get on with building the silencer box or did you not bother? (apologies, I skip read some of the thread ).
    The reason I ask is earlier in the year I built an acoustic box for a guitar amp speaker so I could do silent home recording, I don't use it much now so I was considering turning it into a home for my 6" extraction fan, but given the box is already lined with shit loads of acoustic foam I may try and turn into something to control the decibels of the air moving out of the house.
    To be honest the sound of the air coming from the duct is not really something I'd considered until I read this thread, I was more concerned with keeping the fan quiet as it's a loft I'm building the grow room in.
    Hi mate, I'm glad my thread is helping you out😉. I was in the same boat as you really. I was only thinking about the noise of the actual fan running rather than the turbulent air noise. I did build the silencer but it didn't have the desired effect. I've changed a few things since and it's now pretty much completely silent.

My advice would be to use ducting bigger than your fan. I use a 150mm rhino fan. Now I have 200mm acoustic ducting with reducers from the fan. I made my exhaust port about 210mm and ran the 200mm ducting right through and sealed with gaffa tape. Works a treat mate.

If your really set on a silencer then I'd buy a proper one rather than making 1. Try bigger ducting first tho, you'll be surprised how the noise lessens.

If you can fit your fan into the amp box and fill the gaps with foam or cushions, that would help alot too.

Hope this helps mate😉

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (17-11-17), GEORGE (13-12-17)

Thanks

Awesome, thanks mate.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beezerk For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-17), Ironman (17-11-17)

Thanks

Ironman can I ask if you have any condensation issues or management in place at your air intake? Got my box built up in the garage and I can see I will need to do something at the intake where the cold air hits the hot air

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-17), Ironman (12-12-17)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

Ironman can I ask if you have any condensation issues or management in place at your air intake? Got my box built up in the garage and I can see I will need to do something at the intake where the cold air hits the hot air
    Got a blow heater? Put it right in front of the intake so the air passes through warmer? I'm sure iron will be able to give more details with his though.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

gardro (12-12-17), GEORGE (13-12-17), Ironman (12-12-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Karsa View Post
    Got a blow heater? Put it right in front of the intake so the air passes through warmer? I'm sure iron will be able to give more details with his though.

Thanks, im sure that would solve it but might cost a small fortune running that constant.

I'm thinking some sort of condensation trap with a drain pipe.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-17), Ironman (12-12-17)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

Thanks, im sure that would solve it but might cost a small fortune running that constant.

I'm thinking some sort of condensation trap with a drain pipe.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I'd be looking at a way to insulate the tent so the ambient temp inside was OK to pull air from. Tbf it doesn't need to pull much either so as long as the outtake is just right the air used would be warm from the grow even outside. The air out is going outside and the air inside is being pulled from inside the tent where the air is warmed by the grow. And outside can stay freezing.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

gardro (12-12-17), GEORGE (13-12-17), Ironman (12-12-17)

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast