Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Hay smell??

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

You see, i think opening the jar daily is not the right way. The idea is to open the jars less & less over time.

I use this method verbatim & it works great....

1. Open the jars once per day for 3 days. Remove the contents & check all over for any buds that may be too wet. Anything that may be too wet/soft at this stage can be put in a paper bag or just left out to dry a bit more.

2. Open the jars only twice per week for the next 2 weeks. Once you've completed stage 1 & you're happy that nothing is too wet or at risk of mould, then its time to open the jars a bit less. I usually open them for 10-15 minutes on a Sunday & Thursday morning. You can empty & inspect the contents if you want, or just leave the jar open & give the contents a shake about.

3. Leave the jar(s) closed for 2 full weeks. Give them their last burping on the 2nd Sunday (or whichever day you went with) & then leave them shut for a full 14 days. After this period you can burp again, then leave the jars shut until needed. I always noticed a huuuuge difference after that 2 weeks.

Obviously the flavours will develop even more the longer you have the buds jarred, but for me, that is the minimum time required to get them back.

Important Make sure the jars are in the coldest darkest place you can find - I use my shed where temps have got as low as 3 degrees C in winter

Thanks

You could try a water cure . Water curing produces some of the smoothest smoke available. In fact, water curing is so successful at mellowing flavors that, for many, the resulting buds are considered to be too smooth for proper enjoyment - an effect that is welcome when faced with unpleasantly-flavored weed - See more at:********
    Last edited by Chew; 25-07-16 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Link removed
    No matter where you go , there you are .

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dickiefickle View Post
    You could try a water cure . Water curing produces some of the smoothest smoke available. In fact, water curing is so successful at mellowing flavors that, for many, the resulting buds are considered to be too smooth for proper enjoyment - an effect that is welcome when faced with unpleasantly-flavored weed - See more at:********
    No links please

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

M_C (25-07-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,438 Times

I have some water curing at the moment. Will look at how the smoke when they have dried (Thursday) I also have some drying the good ol normal way.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fwank For This Useful Post:

M_C (25-07-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chew View Post
    No links please
    sorry didn't notice it had a link

Dr-Chronic Guest

ive looked at cheese as left jar open for a few days and is now finally after 2 months at 65% but feels dry as a desert whilst the blue is at 67 but they was sticking together still but the cheese nuggets look brown and have a savage smell like u wouldnt want to smoke it sort of thing

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

I've chopped mine now , done most of the trimming before hanging it all in tent for four days then quick final trim before I've jarred most of it up I've done about 10oz so far and got the rest in a box due to not having enough hours in the day at the moment. I jarred it up before the stems totally snapped as it felt like it was going to get to dry if I waited that long. I've got RH of 52 in the jars now and I've put some of them bovida 62% things in with it. It don't seem to be changing much and been jarred up for 4 days. The buds that I've not trimmed still smell nice the stuff in the jars is the usual weed/almost hay smell but when I pull a bud out and crack it open it stinks like it should. I'm wondering weather I just worry myself cos my missis is always saying I stink when I open a jar to roll one up. I think she's talking about the weed but it could be me lol
    RH seems to be creeping up very slowly so I'm not sure now weather to leave them sealed or keep burping to try and raise the RH a bit more. Nice smoke tho think it's my strongest one yet think it's cos I let it go right to the end and cut down with plenty of ambers it certainly relaxes the body more than my other grows

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6