Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Hay smell??

Dr-Chronic Guest

Default Hay smell??

Read some contadicting stuff on this I'm sick of this smell all the time know it's the dry plants was reasonably okay during grow

Anyway what why and how do we eliminate this shit smell, I've tried my friends big Buddha ched and I'm mongoled off it he just hung his whole entire plants and a week later chopped it out Into a large bubbler bucket with a couple holes in and shook it every couple of hours should I take it that as my cheese was cut at same time that mine won't smell like that and wil retain the dreaded hay smell? My cheese are in jars ones 69 other is 68 the blue cheese has no smell the cheese has a strong hay smell in jars anyone every had problems with this and know exactly WHY it's happening as Google has so much contradictive crap by numptys that it's unreal

Thanks guys

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr-Chronic For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr-Chronic View Post
    Read some contadicting stuff on this I'm sick of this smell all the time know it's the dry plants was reasonably okay during grow

Anyway what why and how do we eliminate this shit smell, I've tried my friends big Buddha ched and I'm mongoled off it he just hung his whole entire plants and a week later chopped it out Into a large bubbler bucket with a couple holes in and shook it every couple of hours should I take it that as my cheese was cut at same time that mine won't smell like that and wil retain the dreaded hay smell? My cheese are in jars ones 69 other is 68 the blue cheese has no smell the cheese has a strong hay smell in jars anyone every had problems with this and know exactly WHY it's happening as Google has so much contradictive crap by numptys that it's unreal

Thanks guys
    Hey Dr, I usually find If the plant has been dried to quickly I get that problem. I usually hang upside down for 2 weeks. Then chop up smaller and leave to dry out more. Then jars for 2-3 weeks. This ain't let me down since.

Whereas before I use to chop up straight away and dry quickly, this stops the curing process and it's ni on impossible to get the smell back then.

Sent from my SM-G531H using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrgreenherbs For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (20-06-16), rockhopper (20-06-16)

Dr-Chronic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenherbs View Post
    Hey Dr, I usually find If the plant has been dried to quickly I get that problem. I usually hang upside down for 2 weeks. Then chop up smaller and leave to dry out more. Then jars for 2-3 weeks. This ain't let me down since.

Whereas before I use to chop up straight away and dry quickly, this stops the curing process and it's ni on impossible to get the smell back then.

Thanks man I let them dry for 10 days there's still moisture in them however just unsure if it's enough to cure the humidity a still OK in jars however or does this not matter mate I'll be hanging them next time tho thanks matey

Thanks

Thanks man I let them dry for 10 days there's still moisture in them however just unsure if it's enough to cure the humidity a still OK in jars however or does this not matter mate I'll be hanging them next time tho thanks matey
    I only put in jars when the buds are snapping. If they still bend I leave to dry out further.

Everyone has there own techniques I just stick to what has worked for me. It used to fuck me off when my bud didn't smell, my guy at the seed bank basically said the slower it drys the better the bud. But you don't want to be jarring up if the bud is to wet. Then u have mould and that to contest with. I always grab the bigger Buds and bend them. If they snap I jar um up.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrgreenherbs For This Useful Post:

crackerjack (26-07-16), joker_the_smoker (20-06-16), rockhopper (20-06-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

yo chronic. i am exact same boat as you at min bro. been reading your threads as it was helping me out at time also ha. we must have chopped at similar time. had mine in jars but humidity went up to 70ish so empty them all back out in paper bags. still got that hay smell to it also. bu if i tear a bud abit that potent smell still there. wonder how long hay smell takes to fook off ha
    Last edited by joker_the_smoker; 20-06-16 at 02:49 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Chew Guest

Give it a chance to cure Dr.

If i take my buds out the jar the outsides smell a bit hay like. Grind them up, they stink. Stop stressing mate. You'll be fine

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

British green (29-06-16), joem113 (20-06-16), M_C (21-06-16)

Dr-Chronic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chew View Post
    Give it a chance to cure Dr.

If i take my buds out the jar the outsides smell a bit hay like. Grind them up, they stink. Stop stressing mate. You'll be fine

Get what your saying chew but I've just tried my pals im smoking it now come off exact same time and his is killer and mines smells shit he said he hung his plant and never lost his smell I'm wondering weather it could be to do with environment, I'm gonna leave it the month but considering how pukka and stinky this is in comparison to mine I've got to of done something wrong mate somewhere

Dr-Chronic Guest

im giving it a final month so far still no smell but HAYYYYY, been in jars roughly two weeks i thought the smell would of come out by now im enclined to think it some how dried to fast

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr-Chronic For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (28-06-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Get a decent bud out an leave it out in the air overnight an see wot it smells
    Like then.cuple of mine haven't smelt while in jars but once out for a night or
    Day it smell comes out a bit.

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

crackerjack (26-07-16), joker_the_smoker (29-06-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

im giving it a final month so far still no smell but HAYYYYY, been in jars roughly two weeks i thought the smell would of come out by now im enclined to think it some how dried to fast
    am same mate at min. about 2 weeks in to it. but am still getting RH down in jars they at about 67% so maybe by 2 more weeks they be stinkin. this me 1st time curing etc so good chance i fucked it up lol. the smell there though like eburt says when i remove one the good smell comes back abit even more when i break it

18. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (29-06-16)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast