Thread: Another drying / curing advice thread

Thanks

Default Another drying / curing advice thread

Hey guys, I decided to chop down my 2 runts on Friday just gone, as they were looking a bit worse for wear, and were showing a lot more Amber than my 2 healthy plants.

So after the chop, I left them on individual stems, and hung them inside a cardboard box, poked a few air holes in front and back, and put it in my tent, infront of one of the passive intakes.

After 5 days, checking them twice a day, I've today noticed that they seem a little too dry. So I removed all the buds from the stems, and put them in my kilner jars. Now I'm waiting on my mini hygrometers to arrive ( x8 ) hopefully today. I'm wondering if I have over dried them, should I add a Boveda 62% pack to each jar, or leave them to cure without and add the Boveda packs at a later date ?

Cheers for any help.

Will be a lesson for when I take these other 2 down at the weekend, as I won't have anything throwing of heat in the tent when they are down.

Hukt

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huktonfoniks For This Useful Post:

redisiel (08-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,586 Times

Throw the bovedas in with them dude, if it's too humid in there they'll attract the moisture, if it's too dry they'll release it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TOKER_REX For This Useful Post:

Huktonfoniks (21-06-16), redisiel (08-08-16)

Chew Guest

Boveda's will only lower RH by a few %. They are meant for long term storage, not drying out your bud. You need to make sure the RH in the jars is 65% or under. Between 60-65% is the sweet spot. 5 days, if dried at the correct temps and RH should not be over dry. Keep a check on them

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

Huktonfoniks (21-06-16), redisiel (08-08-16), TOKER_REX (22-06-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chew View Post
    Boveda's will only lower RH by a few %. They are meant for long term storage, not drying out your bud. You need to make sure the RH in the jars is 65% or under. Between 60-65% is the sweet spot. 5 days, if dried at the correct temps and RH should not be over dry. Keep a check on them
    Cheers Chewey, hopefull these RH meters come tomoz.

As i dried them in my tent with my current grow, i dont think temps would have been ideal, but i lve took the boveda packs out for the time being and stashd the jars in a cupboard for now, will burp once more tonight till tomoz

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huktonfoniks For This Useful Post:

redisiel (08-08-16)

Thanks

Ive over dried weed before and it turned out to be fantastic one it had regained some moisture from a bit of natural humidity in its storage bag.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Collect THC For This Useful Post:

redisiel (08-08-16)

Thanks

Mad 1 From 1 Chewy to another lol where would you dry the bud on the stems while maintaining 65% RH?