Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 3 weeks into veg (clones) should they be taller?

Thanks

This was the setup after I went to big pots.

But changed over to a timer feed and pump system that I put together.

After some messing around and not being able to feed them all equally with the big pipe work I swapped it out for this.

Here is the current set up with an air cooled lamp and run to waste auto system with a manifold for feeding.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hobby420 View Post
    What strain are they? You can get them to stretch by moving the lights away from them but I wouldn't suggest doing that. I veg for 6 to 8 weeks but I have lots of room. My current grow I flipped them when they were 2ft. What are you using for lighting? I think they look great! Someone once said "a new grower rarely under does anything" so watch you feeding! I had nutrient burn and nitrogen toxicity in my first grow... now I feed less but more often. Also, you can let your soil dry out before watering. They won't always drink water at a consistent rate unless your environment is consistent so go by weight (lift test) and water only when they need it. Keeping the soil too wet will stunt growth and interfere with nutrient up-take.

Hope this helps.
    Doing a great job so far!
    H420
    Thanks mate! One question.

I'm running a timer pump for around 2 minutes to fill the pots and get some run-off into my collector pots then the pump shuts off. You said about feeding little and often which is something I've read about and is better for them, however in coco only feeding small amounts you don't get the run-off do you? I don't want salt build up and nut lock out so how can I feed little and often and still have run-off to clear the salts? Could I feed all week doing 3-4 smaller feeds a day then do a water flush at the end of the week or would the salt build up be too much before then?

At the minute I'm not feeding once a day because come day 2 the bottom of the pot is still wet and that's not good is it to keep watering? Or would it be okay.

Cheers

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,624 Times

If you're in coco them it's proper to get run off each time. The more often you water, with feed, the more o2 the roots get.

If two minutes once a day is enough for run off , then a 60 45 45 may work well. Times in seconds, watering during lights on.

I did a 60 45 45 45 last grow.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

J7OKR (28-06-16)

Thanks

In coco? How big were your pots? And you got run off from this?

Thanks

I used a five gallon felt bag. for long veg. I also have 3 gallon. You're plants are s bit small for 4x a day. Of start with two times and bunions up.

Thanks

Yeah I don't think I'm going to get the run off I want with those feed times.

I'll stick to what I'm doing for now until they get bigger.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to J7OKR For This Useful Post:

Jingo (28-06-16)

Thanks

Good plan, easier to wait until they get light in the pot.

Thanks

Hard to feel the weight now they are in bigger pots lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to J7OKR For This Useful Post:

Jingo (28-06-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by J7OKR View Post
    Hard to feel the weight now they are in bigger pots lol
    I know what you mean sometimes it's hard to judge but I tell you what when you come back to pick up your pot and the plant starts to flop over it's time to water more often.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by J7OKR View Post
    Thanks mate! One question.

I'm running a timer pump for around 2 minutes to fill the pots and get some run-off into my collector pots then the pump shuts off. You said about feeding little and often which is something I've read about and is better for them, however in coco only feeding small amounts you don't get the run-off do you? I don't want salt build up and nut lock out so how can I feed little and often and still have run-off to clear the salts? Could I feed all week doing 3-4 smaller feeds a day then do a water flush at the end of the week or would the salt build up be too much before then?

At the minute I'm not feeding once a day because come day 2 the bottom of the pot is still wet and that's not good is it to keep watering? Or would it be okay.

Cheers
    Hey... Sorry mate, I didn't know your were growing in coco... My bad! As for the bottom of the pot being wet, in my experience, you should avoid that but I am not a coco grower. I am growing in smart pots and use cooling racks, the day after I water, to allow air flow under the pots to allow the bottom to dry out. Soilless or soil, you should always have run-off.

H420
    Last edited by Hobby420; 28-06-16 at 10:25 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast