Thread: Soil dripper system

Dr-Chronic Guest

Default Soil dripper system

Hey guys I'm looking to build a soil dripper system I have work quite a while away from location and simply can't get there every single day as I'm on fucked up hours 2-10s 10-6s and by end of work im fucked got a couple of questions if you guys don't mind I'm looking to do 2 pots maybe 3 at a push, has anyone built a system like this, can I do a weekly res change on nutes? How would be best to work it when I'm res changing can I use plant magic on a recirculation system? Would I need a air pump to keep the nutes oxygenated like in hydro? Sure somebody's got to be using a recirc soil system ? What would be the best feed regime as they need to dry out really can't get there everyday any help greatly appreciated guys thanks all have a weekend off next week so I'm looking to be ready for then now didn't realise how much getting back into work would fuck me up lmao cheers

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,716 Times

1x Air pump
    1x Water pump
    2x Air stones
    1x Digital timer
    1x Really useful box, size to be determined by the size of pots x the amount of pots +20%
    Hose pipe, length determined by placement of Res & journey around the base of all plants.

Place pump in Res, join hose. Run hose to a tee piece & create a big loop surrounding all plants. Pinch together the hose with a cable tie to form circles around the plant stems, not to hard as to cut off supply. Secure hose to plant pots so that the circle is a couple of inches from the soil. Drill holes in hose so when pump is turned on, feed solution will spray soil. Time how long it takes to water the soil for 10% runoff, make note of time. With lights on, record the length of time for pots to dry out, set digital timer for however long to feed plants & however long the time to dry was as well. This is a very crude dripper system, but will provide you with a semi automatic grow room.

"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (27-06-16), ERBURT (28-06-16), TOKER_REX (27-06-16)

Dr-Chronic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    1x Air pump
    1x Water pump
    2x Air stones
    1x Digital timer
    1x Really useful box, size to be determined by the size of pots x the amount of pots +20%
    Hose pipe, length determined by placement of Res & journey around the base of all plants.

Place pump in Res, join hose. Run hose to a tee piece & create a big loop surrounding all plants. Pinch together the hose with a cable tie to form circles around the plant stems, not to hard as to cut off supply. Secure hose to plant pots so that the circle is a couple of inches from the soil. Drill holes in hose so when pump is turned on, feed solution will spray soil. Time how long it takes to water the soil for 10% runoff, make note of time. With lights on, record the length of time for pots to dry out, set digital timer for however long to feed plants & however long the time to dry was as well. This is a very crude dripper system, but will provide you with a semi automatic grow room.
    Cheers dude I appreciate that mate would I cut two square holes in lid man slightly smaller then the pot to balance in or just drill loads of tiny holes in for drainage cheers mate

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

Choose your nutrients carefully. Organic "grow" nutrients are thick and block drippers. You might get away with the bloom feed. Also you'll need inline filters as the runoff will likely be full of dirt.

Air pump isn't really necessary in my opinion. I would use one submersible pump running 24/7 to keep the feed mixed and another on timer for pumping to the drippers.

Run to waste would be easier. Never heard of recirculating in soil
    Too weird to live, too rare to die

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (28-06-16)

Dr-Chronic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning View Post
    Choose your nutrients carefully. Organic "grow" nutrients are thick and block drippers. You might get away with the bloom feed. Also you'll need inline filters as the runoff will likely be full of dirt.

Air pump isn't really necessary in my opinion. I would use one submersible pump running 24/7 to keep the feed mixed and another on timer for pumping to the drippers.

Run to waste would be easier. Never heard of recirculating in soil
    hiya mate cheers for the comment, my understanding is roots love oxygen? and if the feed is oxygen enriched theyd be more oxygen present for the roots during feed?
    Im sure you have heard of a soil recirc fella, Wilma the dirty hoe takes all sorts, Soil, Coco seramis, clay pebs

i was looking into buying another wilma for this purpose but then was looking at autopots but seeing if there any cop at moment cheers fella need a practicle cheap easy solution i agree with filter mate one of them times we have to think of genius ideas lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr-Chronic View Post
    hiya mate cheers for the comment, my understanding is roots love oxygen? and if the feed is oxygen enriched theyd be more oxygen present for the roots during feed?
    Im sure you have heard of a soil recirc fella, Wilma the dirty hoe takes all sorts, Soil, Coco seramis, clay pebs

i was looking into buying another wilma for this purpose but then was looking at autopots but seeing if there any cop at moment cheers fella need a practicle cheap easy solution i agree with filter mate one of them times we have to think of genius ideas lol
    True you can use soil in a Wilma but you get much better results with clay pebbles or coco.

Autopots, soil/perlite mix and biotabs would be a good shout as you only fill your reservoir with plain water straight out the tap, no pH adjustment required. They're a bit pricey but the results are good.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

Dr-Chronic Guest

thinking about it mate wouldnt water go stagnant without an air pump

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr-Chronic For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (28-06-16)

Dr-Chronic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning View Post
    True you can use soil in a Wilma but you get much better results with clay pebbles or coco.

Autopots, soil/perlite mix and biotabs would be a good shout as you only fill your reservoir with plain water straight out the tap, no pH adjustment required. They're a bit pricey but the results are good.
    only want a small one fella, 2 pots 3 at most, seen auto pots going on ebay for 60 notes worth a shout you reckon fella?

Thanks

I've not grown cannabis in them but I have 6 easy to grow modules with coco/perlite and my old man has 4 1-pot modules with soil/perlite and biotabs and so far I love em. Provided your medium has a healthy mix of perlite and is super fluffy and you get the plants properly established then they're awesome.

Where's Dexter Mcpherson when we need him?!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (28-06-16)