Thread: Germination

Thanks

Cool Germination

Hi everyone I have just potted my shoots in some coco compost. They are being kept in a propergator in my tent. When would I switch the light and fan on or is it too soon yet?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DrGreenFingaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

if they have already cracked then turn the light on now, a 125 or 250 w CFL should be ok without a extractor fan for a few weeks,

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the jakal For This Useful Post:

DrGreenFingaz (27-06-16), joker_the_smoker (01-07-16), Schlongo (24-07-16)

Thanks

The only light I have is a 600w in this case should I just leave them for now without a bulb or shouod i place them on window sill?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DrGreenFingaz For This Useful Post:

Chew Guest

Mine go straight in the tent with lights and fans on

Keep that 600w up fairly high and watch your temps

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

DrGreenFingaz (27-06-16), ERBURT (27-06-16), joker_the_smoker (01-07-16), M_C (27-06-16)

Thanks

Thanks guys, what is the ideal temperature? I have a bottle of formulex which I used today for the first time (nutrient solution)

Thanks

ideal temp should be 25c,

if you only have a 600 you will probably need the extraction on strait away

i think about 2ml per litre is what you use with formulex
    Last edited by the jakal; 28-06-16 at 12:23 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the jakal For This Useful Post:

DrGreenFingaz (28-06-16), joker_the_smoker (01-07-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

as jakal and chew stated mate. also maybe have small 6 inch fan blowing in between the light and plant. keep temps low-ish at 25 just for first week in seedlings but as they grow i would bring temps up to 27 28 sure that wont be a problem with a 600w also with it being summer you will probs wont get a choice but to keep them in the high end for veg . i aim for 24 25 in flower

13. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

DrGreenFingaz (01-07-16)

Thanks

While your plants are small you should keep your 600 watt slightly further away than usual. I would say around 60cm, just for a week or so. Your plants need time to get used to the HID light. When you feel like your plants are established with a couple of sets of leaves you could try lowering it to around 45-50cm. If you put the back of your hand under the light 45cm away and it feels hot it will be too hot for the plants. Do this test until you feel the temperature is comfortable to live in. You can tie a string with a weight on to your grow light so you can always tell if your light needs to be moved up slightly as your plants grow.