Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: DIY Recirculating Dripper System

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Dr-Chronic View Post
    excellent im off to pound land after work to grab some of these boxs (day off bastards have called me in lmao), hopefully 2 will fit in my space they look about right for 1 pot on each
    I'd hang off if I were you... that was just a beta version.... I've already thought of something better - but need to go shopping for it
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Amy P (04-07-16), Bud Lightyear (30-06-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,171 Times

Looking great fella, I used those halo drippers a couple of grows ago, and the only thing you do have to watch is them blocking up.

Mine were mainly blocked with lime scale but the pump will also pick up bits of coco as well, should be great for a few days thou. Any longer it would probably be worth adding a filter to filter the feed before it hits the drippers
    Last edited by Samwise Gamgee; 30-06-16 at 04:37 PM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

Amy P (04-07-16), British green (30-06-16), Bud Lightyear (30-06-16), M_C (30-06-16)

Down in South Dorset where the cow shit lies thick, walkin along wiv my hand on my dick...
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,640 Times

You might wanna line your airpots with something to stop the coco getting into the system.. i have used the legs off a pair of tights before.. I did get some funny looks from the shopkeeper when i bought 5 pair of tights though.. Had to tell her i was off to rob a bank with some pals.. lol

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diddydon For This Useful Post:

Amy P (04-07-16), British green (30-06-16), Bud Lightyear (30-06-16), M_C (30-06-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Amy P (04-07-16), British green (30-06-16), Diddydon (30-06-16), M_C (30-06-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Swapped out the water pump I had as it delivered too much too fast (approx 5L per minute)

Using a 300/150 L/P/H (adjustable) now, & down to 1.4L/m delivery speed... would like to turn it lower but the pump can't cope with the height too well at less than 3/4 max speed - I'm aiming for 1L per minute

... I'll continue playing
    Restrict the main hose with a zip tie or jubilee clip that will slow the flow...

Regards BL

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Amy P (04-07-16), British green (30-06-16), M_C (30-06-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post
    Looking great fella, I used those halo drippers a couple of grows ago, and the only thing you do have to watch is them blocking up.

Mine were mainly blocked with lime scale but the pump will also pick up bits of coco as well, should be great for a few days thou. Any longer it would probably be worth adding a filter to filter the feed before the it hits the drippers
    Yeah, I did wonder about the holes clogging

Quote Originally Posted by Diddydon View Post
    You might wanna line your airpots with something to stop the coco getting into the system.. i have used the legs off a pair of tights before.. I did get some funny looks from the shopkeeper when i bought 5 pair of tights though.. Had to tell her i was off to rob a bank with some pals.. lol
    Good idea - thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    I cut the end off a shampoo bottle stretched some tights over the end then push the other end over the pump intake...Makes a great filter worked a treat for me...

Regards BL
    Cheers Bud
    Restrict the main hose with a zip tie or jubilee clip that will slow the flow...

Regards BL
    Doh! Why didn't I think of that???

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Amy P (04-07-16), Bud Lightyear (30-06-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Regards BL
    Or put a few small holes in the hose below the water level and this will help to add a little air to the water . I use to put a small drip line in the hose near the bottom and had it like a little fountain

sent from mission control

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

Amy P (04-07-16), Bud Lightyear (30-06-16), M_C (30-06-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

Regards BL
    That's a good idea. I bought a 13mm adjustable ball valve from b&q at great expense!
    Too weird to live, too rare to die

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

Amy P (04-07-16), Bud Lightyear (30-06-16), M_C (30-06-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

You might need to set the pH lower than normal in a small container as the airpump will make the pH rise considerably. Well it does in my mini dwc box anyway

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

Amy P (04-07-16), M_C (30-06-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning View Post
    You might need to set the pH lower than normal in a small container as the airpump will make the pH rise considerably. Well it does in my mini dwc box anyway
    Yeah, I was also wondering how the PH & EC would work out.... hopefully, for just a few days use it shouldn't get too out of whack?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Amy P (04-07-16), British green (30-06-16)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast