Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: DIY Recirculating Dripper System

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Yeah, I was also wondering how the PH & EC would work out.... hopefully, for just a few days use it shouldn't get too out of whack?
    No idea EC wise with coco recirculating. pH wise I guess you'll just have to trial as I imagine it's different with different water and nutrient strength.

I use a 15l box and soft water. At EC 1 the pH always creeps up to 7 over a couple of days but my 47l tank stays pretty solid but there's no airstone in that
    Too weird to live, too rare to die

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

Amy P (04-07-16), M_C (30-06-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,323 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Yeah, I was also wondering how the PH & EC would work out.... hopefully, for just a few days use it shouldn't get too out of whack?
    Sam would know best with that one mate as he uses coco in his wilma doesnt he. But i would of thought ph and ec will deffo be effected when systems running for a few days and its pumping through the coco and back into res. Shouldnt drift to much but will move.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse Pinkman For This Useful Post:

Amy P (04-07-16), British green (30-06-16), M_C (30-06-16)

Down in South Dorset where the cow shit lies thick, walkin along wiv my hand on my dick...
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,640 Times

You could always use AN's ph perfect, then you wouldn't have to worry as it corrects ph constant.. i switched to using it last couple of grows and my PH pen is now redundant... you can't add any other brand additives though as it fucks it up, (which is where i went wrong when i first tried it)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diddydon For This Useful Post:

Amy P (04-07-16), M_C (30-06-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,886 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Diddydon View Post
    You could always use AN's ph perfect, then you wouldn't have to worry as it corrects ph constant.. i switched to using it last couple of grows and my PH pen is now redundant... you can't add any other brand additives though as it fucks it up, (which is where i went wrong when i first tried it)
    I'll look into that mate, thanks for the heads up
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Amy P (04-07-16), Diddydon (01-07-16)

Thanks

I thought that only worked with RO water??

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

Amy P (04-07-16), M_C (01-07-16)

Thanks

good thread MC im gonna take a look in poundland today
    also isnt there back pressure if you restrict the front pressure?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onion ring For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times

Quote Originally Posted by onion ring View Post
    isnt there back pressure if you restrict the front pressure?
    Yes there will be but it won't harm anything...The pumps are magnetic, the impeller is connected to an iron core within the field windings...The windings are permanently energised when the pump is on...There is no mechanical connection between the core and impeller assembly and the windings so the resistance created by restricting the flow will have no adverse effect on the motor...

Regards BL

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Amy P (04-07-16), British green (01-07-16), Diddydon (01-07-16), Jesse Pinkman (01-07-16), M_C (01-07-16), onion ring (01-07-16), Slazenger (23-01-20)

Thanks

couple of wing-dings needed then?

so its abit like when a pump hasnt enough pressure it wont burn or strain any motors or empellers

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onion ring For This Useful Post:

Down in South Dorset where the cow shit lies thick, walkin along wiv my hand on my dick...
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,640 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning View Post
    I thought that only worked with RO water??
    works with any water regardless of how hard hard or soft the water..... when i first used it, PH kept moving all over the place, then i realised.. you can not use any other products with it other than AN's PH perfect range(even a root stim)... if you start trying to adjust it with PH down etc it f**ks it right up... just fill the res with water add desired AN ph perfect nutes until you hit the EC you want.. throw PH pen in bin

You can put AN PH perfect in water thats PH 3.0 to ph 10.0 and it will always adjust to 5.8, i actually trust the nutes more than my PH pen now!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diddydon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

works with any water regardless of how hard hard or soft the water..... when i first used it, PH kept moving all over the place, then i realised.. you can not use any other products with it other than AN's PH perfect range(even a root stim)... if you start trying to adjust it with PH down etc it f**ks it right up... just fill the res with water add desired AN ph perfect nutes until you hit the EC you want.. throw PH pen in bin

You can put AN PH perfect in water thats PH 3.0 to ph 10.0 and it will always adjust to 5.8, i actually trust the nutes more than my PH pen now!
    Interesting. I heard quire the opposite but I've not used them so I'll take your word for it.

Only thing is, what if I want my pH to be 6.0 late flower of am I just being pedantic?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast