Thread: Bit of help choosing a light please...

Thanks

Default Bit of help choosing a light please...

Hi everyone =)
    i know i mentioned few days ago that im planning my first grow and its gonna be like super cheap set up 23w cfls and stuff but i changed my minds.
    ill take out 400-500e loan this week so that i could at least buy myself a half decent light =)

tho i already ran into a bit of trouble here,when i was going through the products available in dublin growshop.
    Like why is*** Lumii Metta 600w Grow Light Kit €95.00*** what comes with a bulb,ballast and reflector only 95e compare to ***Lumatek Ultimate Pro 600w 400V Ballast & Bulb Kit €245.00*** whats just a ballast and a bulb? like its at least triple the money if i add a cheap reflector as well.

or theres that one? ***MiniMax 150w Digital Lighting Kit*** for €275.00 like in spec it says its only taking 25% power and stuff BUT in my mind 25% is 150w from 600w? like are they comparing 150w with 600w or?

i think my main question here is that is it really worth spending that much extra ?or will cheaper set do the same job? or even how big is the actual difference?

Ty =)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,371 Times

i would go for the lumatek there as it is the best imo.. and for piece of mind..

i read an article a while a go about 1 of the big wholesalers dropping lumii because of safety issues but that might of been with drawn from sale by now..

i know the lumii's are cheap but you seem to get what you pay for..

there is another 3 shops in dublin you could try.
    or try a well known auction site..
    The above is just opinion..My opinion is law in my world..

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

I'd go for a mid range 600w digital dimmable ballast & a 600w dual spectrum bulb....
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

crackerjack (31-07-16)