Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Roy Hodgson resigned as England manager........

Thanks

quite right mate
    ahh gazza brilliant footballer
    IMHO i would rate gazza as good as if not better than george best

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,965 Times

Quote Originally Posted by onion ring View Post
    quite right mate
    ahh gazza brilliant footballer
    IMHO i would rate gazza as good as if not better than george best
    Bestie was a bit before my time but seen plenty of footage of him, he was a class act when football was still a contact sport played on mud!
    Gazza was a flawed genius, the like of who we haven't seen since and given the coaching nature of our game, we might not for some time, more's the pity.

ATB

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rockhopper For This Useful Post:

onion ring (28-06-16)

Thanks

very true rock
    i often watch some of gazza on you tube some of the stuff he done when playing in the serie a italian league is incredible
    mans a legend for sure.
    i get ya on the skill and how we prob wont see the likes of it again.
    where george grew up there more or less on street terraces and the end walls used to get the nessisary chalk line for goals.. but then came some suited people that took football of the steets and into a park 'wide open spaces'
    i think in order to get that quality back they need to have a 30-40 ft space and a bus load of kids trying to dribble and hold on to the ball...
    in other words yeah will take a long time to see some real home grown stars again

5. The Following User Says Thank You to onion ring For This Useful Post:

rockhopper (28-06-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by onion ring View Post
    very true rock
    i often watch some of gazza on you tube some of the stuff he done when playing in the serie a italian league is incredible
    mans a legend for sure.
    i get ya on the skill and how we prob wont see the likes of it again.
    where george grew up there more or less on street terraces and the end walls used to get the nessisary chalk line for goals.. but then came some suited people that took football of the steets and into a park 'wide open spaces'
    i think in order to get that quality back they need to have a 30-40 ft space and a bus load of kids trying to dribble and hold on to the ball...
    in other words yeah will take a long time to see some real home grown stars again
    It's been mooted before but I think you can trace the decline in our nation's footballing standards to the rise of foreign footballers plying their trade in our top league, as clubs have invested heavily in importing quick fix scenarios, rather than nurturing & encouraging young talent, sadly it's a game of odds and English talent has lost out through a lack of time investment! Football's no longer a game! it's big business where only winning counts & pays the ever increasing bills!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rockhopper For This Useful Post:

M_C (28-06-16), onion ring (28-06-16)

Thanks

very true mate you see big money clubs changing their managers like the weather..
    over here my grandad has old photos of when juventus an shit used to be over to play qualifiers etc now our footy is like flat beer
    I remember back in 1995 Wimbleton where to come over and become belfast utd but the deal fell through, wish it hadda went ahead to inject some form of quality in our local game tbh

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,352 Times

milner on the wing.....that joke is wearing thin, the guy looks like hes running through treacle.

one big reason were shit,three letters, S..K..Y! or if you like...money,merchandise, revenue,tv deals etc. sky got their hands on our game,or the EPL as the world now knows it in early 90s,92 i think...do the maths, a frightening downward slide in our intrenational football has occurred since. sky cant sell games in asia if our teams are playing 11 home grown kids no one outside of their town has heard of, sky need global names to sell to a global market. sky has ruined our game, but come august,september,october, when everybody's watching their almost a live game a day on sky and debating whether or not a Portuguese, Italian, Spaniard or German, or even an Italian again, will win the league, it will be forgotten about.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to uparoundthebend For This Useful Post:

rockhopper (29-06-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uparoundthebend View Post
    milner on the wing.....that joke is wearing thin, the guy looks like hes running through treacle.

one big reason were shit,three letters, S..K..Y! or if you like...money,merchandise, revenue,tv deals etc. sky got their hands on our game,or the EPL as the world now knows it in early 90s,92 i think...do the maths, a frightening downward slide in our intrenational football has occurred since. sky cant sell games in asia if our teams are playing 11 home grown kids no one outside of their town has heard of, sky need global names to sell to a global market. sky has ruined our game, but come august,september,october, when everybody's watching their almost a live game a day on sky and debating whether or not a Portuguese, Italian, Spaniard or German, or even an Italian again, will win the league, it will be forgotten about.

No quicker/slower than the 2 best deliverers of a dead ball we've ever had, messrs Beckham & Gerrard!
    I get your point about SKY but it's a double edged sword, their money has improved football at club level whilst suffocating it at youth level & national level, dunno what the answer is! Can't live with or without 'em!

ATB

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rockhopper For This Useful Post:

uparoundthebend (29-06-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,352 Times

ive just heard ray wilkins saying that scholes was among the 3 best prem era players,cant argue with that, then it went silly cos he reckons rooney is now playing scholes-esque football in midfield. this guy is one of our so called football experts.....god help us!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to uparoundthebend For This Useful Post:

rockhopper (29-06-16)

Thanks

Scholes was great but top 3, nah I don't think so! Wasn't even the 3rd best player in the Man Utd team!

ATB

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,371 Times

HAHA got to agree with the whole thread..
    Young boys jumpers as goalposts..
    The above is just opinion..My opinion is law in my world..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast