Thread: Length of vegetative stage

Thanks

Default Length of vegetative stage

I have heard that after a while the plants growth starts to reduce the yield. I believe it's true but the question is: how long can the vegetative stage go on without reducing the yield? It is said that 6-8 weeks is perfect. How about 2 months?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,596 Times

vegging for longer will do quite the opposite the bigger the plant when you start flowering the bigger your yield will be as long as you remember to pot up before switching to 12/12

8 weeks should give you nice big plants but... if you wanted to could go longer and get really big plants!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

growing indoors the bigger the plant the less effective light can reach the lower plant growth,maybe thats what you meant about loosing yield?
    if you're retired or you ain't got a job and you ain't growing and smoking weed ,i don't know what the fuck you are doing!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bud's Buddy View Post
    It is said that 6-8 weeks is perfect. How about 2 months?
    Oops, I meant "It is said that 4-6 weeks is perfect. How about 2 months?".

Thanks

Default Negative

Quote Originally Posted by wert View Post
    growing indoors the bigger the plant the less effective light can reach the lower plant growth,maybe thats what you meant about loosing yield?
    No, that's not what I meant. I read this from the Internet:

"You want your plants to grow up big and strong before you transition them to the flowering stage where they will actually be producing the buds. This stage which will last 4-6 weeks and in general, the longer you wait, the bigger the plant, and the higher the yield. Please note that there is a point of diminishing returns at which waiting any longer will actually reduce yield, but 4-6 weeks is perfect." http://www.marijuanagrowguide.info/V...ive_Stage.html[

I was surprised when I read it and I was just wondering, is it true.

Monty Bong Guest

I agree with Wert, it depends on what power lighting you have and the way you grow to determine what is the best amount of veg time. There's no point vegging for 8 weeks if your going to flower under a 250w CFL, if on the other hand you have a 1000w, good ventilation and enough space, you could veg for 3 months and get a massive yeild.

Irrespective of what lighting you have, if growing from seed it's always best to try and veg until the plants show sexual maturity, staggered nodes or pre-flowers will show when the plant is ready to flower and a sexually mature plant will always yeild more than a plant that has been forced to flower before this time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Monty Bong View Post
    I agree with Wert, it depends on what power lighting you have and the way you grow to determine what is the best amount of veg time. There's no point vegging for 8 weeks if your going to flower under a 250w CFL, if on the other hand you have a 1000w, good ventilation and enough space, you could veg for 3 months and get a massive yeild.

Irrespective of what lighting you have, if growing from seed it's always best to try and veg until the plants show sexual maturity, staggered nodes or pre-flowers will show when the plant is ready to flower and a sexually mature plant will always yeild more than a plant that has been forced to flower before this time.
    Thanks for the clarification. I think you're right.

Thanks

i have taken my plants out to do some work on my grow box in dark period ( veg stage ) will they be ok

Thanks

no they should be fine, only plants in 12/12 can be affected, they will be ok in veg.