Thread: New loft build

Thanks

Default New loft build

Looking for help regarding loft. If someone could tell me how to post pics from iPhone. I'll get some pics up.

Right gonna build room inside loft I'll post measurements ASAP

Luckily electricity is already up the 3x double sockets from previous owner but he's also made some mistakes
    I currently have what looks like. 150mm of rookwool insulation down ontop of floorboards😂😂.

Also have old chimey stack that I can use for extracting
    Intake wanted to intake from house, I have two loft hatches

Thanks

You need to have posted 10 times before you can post pics mate

Thanks

well mate, welcome to THC.
    if ya have ay questions etc about building the room etc then im more than happy to help.
    Thats actually something im good at =)
    “Nobody dies a virgin... Life fucks us all.”

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,692 Times

Welcome to the forum Westy-01, hope you enjoy yourself and have plenty of fun on hear…….

Thanks

Well I really need to get pics up. The person here before me has made a mess of loft It's boarded out and had plasteboard on roof and even has electrics up. But for some reason they have just put 150mm of fibreglass or rockwool insulation down ontop of floorboards������. Just looking for help on how to insulate roof. Am I right to think I can just kingspan between rafters then batten of some kind then plaster board then b+w sheeting. I just want to do a section of my loft. Build out of 3x2

Also I have a chimey stack. So help with that would be great to fire down stairs is now electric so it's not in use

Thanks

is there insulation under the floorboards as well? if no then roll everything back up,lift the boards, roll insulation between the floor joices and stick de boards back down.
    and about insulating the roof then kingspan is deffo an option tho normal polistairen sheets will do the same thing and they are a lot cheaper and r rating is pretty much the same.

so yeah, if id be you then id use polistairen sheets between rafters and use plasterboard or hardboards etc to cover everything up.
    and for extra security wise id line your growroom with radon protection to make sure dat there isnt any smell leaking out etc.

and a little hint, just say in the introduc sectin hello to all the new mambers, that will get your post count up so you could post pics. i had to do the same so i could send pms

Thanks

Check those socket buddy. Just because there are 3x double sockets doesn't mean they are a ring main or radial circuit. A lot of Cowboys run it off the lighting circuit up there. Just check first or you may have problems with nusence tripping as it will be on a 6a breaker

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Toke monkey For This Useful Post:

Donmitch0121 (04-07-16)