Thread: Help with building a groom

Thanks

Default Help with building a groom

Hi guys im currently growing in a tent in a spare room but looking to move up into the loft

This is V similar of what ive got to play with , going to be going for 8ft long (4 rungs) , now i havent got much experience with this kind of work , but i am a sparky so that part im fine with , i was thinking on the inside of the wood stapling diamond mylar to it , the wooden posts are about 2.5inch thick so was going to just load that bit with insulation and then at the back of the wood fitting some kind of boarding will this be sufficient?
    What options are there for types of insulation/boarding ect. If you cant tell by now im a full on newb when it comes to this kind of thing , theres the odd hope in the felt so was thinking along the lines of pulling back one of the roof tiles and putting the intake ducting to that (ill insulate around it if needed) for extraction looking to drill a hole in the floor and run it into the storage cupboard back in the house as apposed to trying to push it outside via the loft for heat sig reasons if im thinking correct? Plan on tapping into a couple points of the light circuit to supply the groom , i have a water pipe for the shower which runs up through the loft , showers not in use so going to tap off that so ive got a water supply in there , if the grooms airtight will heat still be expelled through the loft to the point the chopper can pick it up?
    Any helps most apprieciated! Plan on having her up and ready for November

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

I'd take the fresh air from your storage cupboard and push the hot air out from under the eve's . I'd also insulate inbetween your roof trusses but leaving a gap of around a inch between tiles/felt and insulation so the roof can breathe .

sent from mission control

Thanks

Wont i run into high temp issues? I can imagine it would be ok that way round in the winter but wouldnt i be better off not pushing the hot air out the eves ? And by insulate between roof trusses does that mean between the felt and tile?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Temps stay more constant inside the house than outside and the trusses/ joists timbers

sent from mission control