Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: * SLH ScrOG * coco/autopots/600w hps - mentored by bethmeg

Thanks

hi azaz, auto pots and bethmeg, what could go wrong. will be watching this closely, all the best to you both.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the brit For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (21-07-16), Green Dreamz (22-08-16), JB (24-08-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the brit View Post
    hi azaz, auto pots and bethmeg, what could go wrong. will be watching this closely, all the best to you both.
    Hello mate welcome, thanks a lot sure to be a good one with Beth as a mentor.

Struck gold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azaz For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (22-07-16), Green Dreamz (22-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Use the back of your hand on top of the plants to test the heat of the light.

You should be able to keep your hand there comfortably for a wee while.

Lower as much as you can without it feeling too warm.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

Azaz (22-07-16), Green Dreamz (22-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Azaz View Post
    Update.

Got up today to find my 4" rhino has packed in

So had to fork out £135 for a new extraction kit but I've upgraded to 6" to help with temperatures.

Plants are looking great, didn't have time to get more pictures as I'm running late for work but I think they might be close to the size for topping.

I'll get pics up tonight if I could have advice on earliest I can start lst.

Thanks

Hello, this is as far as I got with your diary but the first thing I thought was upgrade your extraction to 6" so nice one. It was a blessing!

Autopots are great. Make sure you fully establish the plant before turning system on though, the more roots the better, preferably sticking out through the RCD. Subbed up for the show
    Too weird to live, too rare to die

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

Azaz (22-07-16), Bethmeg (22-07-16), Green Dreamz (22-08-16), JB (24-08-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bethmeg View Post
    Use the back of your hand on top of the plants to test the heat of the light.

You should be able to keep your hand there comfortably for a wee while.

Lower as much as you can without it feeling too warm.
    I got it quite close growth has been much faster since I reckon thanks Beth

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning View Post
    Hello, this is as far as I got with your diary but the first thing I thought was upgrade your extraction to 6" so nice one. It was a blessing!

Autopots are great. Make sure you fully establish the plant before turning system on though, the more roots the better, preferably sticking out through the RCD. Subbed up for the show
    Welcome mate thanks for looking, if I'm honest I wanted to upgrade anyway but didn't want to spend more money when I still had the 4" but poo happens and now the big fella is working wonders.

Glad to have you aboard with autopot experience as I'm going in a bit blind with them might have a couple questions to fire at you.

What is RCD? Root control disc? Is that the one at the bottom of the autopot inside? And how much clay pebbles should I have in the bottom of the pits because I only have a smallish layer.

Thanks bud

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azaz For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (22-07-16), Cunning (23-07-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Azaz View Post
    I got it quite close growth has been much faster since I reckon thanks Beth

Welcome mate thanks for looking, if I'm honest I wanted to upgrade anyway but didn't want to spend more money when I still had the 4" but poo happens and now the big fella is working wonders.

Glad to have you aboard with autopot experience as I'm going in a bit blind with them might have a couple questions to fire at you.

What is RCD? Root control disc? Is that the one at the bottom of the autopot inside? And how much clay pebbles should I have in the bottom of the pits because I only have a smallish layer.

Thanks bud

Hi mate. My autopot experience is outdoors on my balcony with coco/perlite and tomatoes so I'm not really an expert lol.

Root control disc is the copper one in the bottom of the trays. There's another disc inside the pots where you'll want to see roots. Last year I turned my system on too early and growth was really slow as the soil I was using was always on the damp side.

I've used about an inch of clay pebbles in the bottom of the pots. It's recommended but not a necessity.

If they work outside in a British summer in sure they'll be decent for you, especially with Beth at the helm. Here's a tomato:

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

Azaz (27-07-16), B.A.BARACUS (28-08-16), Bethmeg (23-07-16), JB (24-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,096 Times

Really interested to see how you get on with these Azaz as I got a set of these gathering dust that I would'nt mind using myself

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buster For This Useful Post:

Azaz (27-07-16), Bethmeg (23-07-16)

Thanks

Hello guys sorry I've been hella busy lately and haven't checked in for a little while so here's a lil update..

They seem to be coming on nicely I'm still hand watering for now with ph 5.8 EC 1.0 or thereabouts.

Did a small bit lst just to open up where I topped them get some light down there, you can see the u-shape pegs on the pics 😊

I'm going away camping for 4 days on Friday with a few mates so was thinking about switching the system on and letting them go, a friend is heckling on them while I'm on my travels.

Or I may just get him to hand water not sure, but that's all I got to update thanks for looking guys.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azaz For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (27-07-16), JB (24-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Looking great

Nice bit of topping dear

Id have your friend hand water I think,as it would be best if you were around during the early switch on in case of teething problems.

If you can test and check before you go away then by all means switch it on,thats what its for.Iv done a weeks holiday leaving my system running

Hopefully we wont be seeing a "what has my mate done to my plants" thread on your return lol,theres been a few.

Have a great time,hope the weather stays good for ya

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

Azaz (01-08-16), B.A.BARACUS (02-08-16), JB (24-08-16), Smiffy (20-09-16)

Thanks

Default * SLH ScrOG * coco/autopots/600w hps - mentored by bethmeg

Just got back from my little holiday, the girls are looking fit and healthy

Wondering if I need to do any more topping and when to start prepping the screen?

Here's some pics

Also I think I will switch the autopot system on tomorrow make up 40ltrs for the res.. What EC should I be running at this stage 1.0 or something?

Thank you! 😊😊

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Azaz For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (02-08-16), Cunning (01-08-16), JB (24-08-16)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast