Thread: balls in your court

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,505 Times

Default balls in your court

Not hermies, just want your opinion.

I took some cuts and only 4 "rooted" i put it like that as i pulled them out after a week and only 4 had roots but they was so small that they haven't even poked through the jiffy pellets yet? it has been a 2/3 days since i saw them roots as well thought they'd of poked through by now tbh.

So anyway i binned what hadn't any roots or signs or roots at all and took fresh cuts too try again. Only done that last night. I also got a packet of female seeds sitting there. So the question is, do you guys think i should pop them as well? I dont wanna wait a week for clones only for there not to be enough or none of them root. Thing is i won't be able to finish everything if they do all root and i got seeds too lol but i think thats a better problem than not having enough init?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

The problem is bazil your disturbing them. Leave them 10 days at least.. Pulling them to check for roots ain't the best method. Let them do there thing, providing your temps and RH are in check you should soon see roots.

Like you say you could pop some seeds as a back up but the growth rate between a seed and a clone are totally different. Your clones will soon outgrow them.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

British green (19-07-16), ggotch (24-07-16)

Thanks

Yeah the clones would be my choice purely for the rate of growth. I got 4 that had roots when I lifted them out. Ain't touched them since, just waiting on them too show roots through the jiffy not sure why they aren't yet. The new lot I only took yesterday evening so ain't even concerned about them at the moment.

Not much I can do really, just keep the dome with condensation and play the waiting game I guess. If 4 have roots that do end up poking through then only need another 3 as a minimum for me to be happy.

Thanks

You probably gave up too soon . I'm not sure if Jiffy pellets are a good choice or not , I never tried them . I plant cuttings direct into the soil and it takes a while 2 weeks or more sometimes
    No matter where you go , there you are .

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,526 Times

As above it can take a while stop being impatient! I use jiffies n can take upto a month, unless the leaves shrivvle up go brown n die its game on still justvkeep misting the prop lid x2 a day n they root

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ye Old Pioneer For This Useful Post:

dickiefickle (21-07-16)

Thanks

Well the orginal cuts i have roots poking through now at last got my other cuts sitting in the prop with them but they are only 4 days old so no way they will be ready yet. Also i decided to put the seeds in, done that on tuesday, could see down the jiffy that some had already started showing a root in less than 24hours. Expect them to be all up over the weekend.

Thanks

Have you considered making a clone machine? It's very easy and you will have great results.

Sent from Cannabis Heaven

Thanks

Hi,

Nope tbh i had taken clones before and done it fine with 2 attempts. Best mates old boss was growing and had some lovely strains some clone only and sorted my best mate out. He only had the 1 tent though and so i took them on too root them in return for some cuts for myself. That went fine and had roots no problem then the last time before my break i tried to take cuts and not a single clone rooted lol. That had put me off but i done a strain since and had roots showing within a week. This time with this strain it took the 1st lot 14 days to have roots showing.

Am pleased to say its been a week since i took a second lot of cuts and have roots poking through on one already, and can give the cuttings a slightly pull and feel the root has gripped the coco on others, so am sure they will be showing roots within this week. Will have more than enough, which has made my morning. I am confident i can always get clones too root now, i know it shouldn't be hard but where i haven't done it much i always have that doubt in my mind.

Trouble now is I've got 9 out of 9 seeds that have popped up lol, hurts me too bin them. I have got a spare tent that i can run a cfl in. Am thinking to just stick the best looking 2 plants under the cfl. Will do lots of training to keep them low as i know a long veg under cfl the weak light causing lower branches to stretch silly and aint got much height in this tent. Then towards the end of flower in my main tent, i will take cuts from the 2 seeds i carried on and have them rooted and rooted their first pots ready to go like.

Thanks

Just so i aint on here always moaning lol, every cut i took from the second lot rooted in 10days. Also have them all now sitting in their first pots. Will get at least 4/5 weeks veg before being flipped into flower. Got a dinachem currently in flower looking good on her own under the 250w which has just gone 4 weeks.