Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need to buy a carbon filter this week. What size?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,885 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    No links please....

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk
    Sorry. Pics ok?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FunkyB For This Useful Post:

M_C (19-07-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,779 Times

Pics are fine, as are ebay item numbers

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

FunkyB (19-07-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CocoMonkey View Post
    One stop grow shop have the 6" rhino hobby on offer for 35quid thats cheapest around. Expect it to only last a year tho the pros are much better
    Thank you MC, sorry about that.

So should I get a set like this 251929633851

Or is the fan shite and better off getting the filter you surgested from One Stop and one of these 252013511035 spending a bit more?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FunkyB For This Useful Post:

M_C (19-07-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,403 Times

I can't really comment on the fans I never used them. The filters do the job fine tho just having got the longevity of the pros but for 35squid its still cheaper in the long run while they on offer. If you can find 125 the 6" kit will stand you in good stead. Or try the budget filter with the fan its upto you

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CocoMonkey For This Useful Post:

crackerjack (27-07-16), FunkyB (19-07-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,779 Times

The fan is a bit wet but should do the job....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

FunkyB (19-07-16)

Hexxagon Champion!
    Thanks

I hope you don't mind me jumping on the band wagon but I'm currently gathering up all the knowledge i can in setting up first first decent grow kit and whilst i haven't jumped just yet, theres a kit I'm looking at that has the Rhino Hobby Carbon filter (5"), however, the Rhino Pro carbon 5" is only £69, therefore, would that be a better investment?

I plan on growing no more than 3 plants at a time on a single 600w HPS setup.

Again, sorry for jumping in FunkyB.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack_Burton For This Useful Post:

FunkyB (19-07-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CocoMonkey View Post
    I can't really comment on the fans I never used them. The filters do the job fine tho just having got the longevity of the pros but for 35squid its still cheaper in the long run while they on offer. If you can find 125 the 6" kit will stand you in good stead. Or try the budget filter with the fan its upto you
    I really can't stretch to that this grow, should be able to raise it in time for the 2nd though, maybe a bit more. What does the 'acoustic' mean on that site may I ask?

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    The fan is a bit wet but should do the job....
    Cheers fella

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Burton View Post
    I hope you don't mind me jumping on the band wagon but I'm currently gathering up all the knowledge i can in setting up first first decent grow kit and whilst i haven't jumped just yet, theres a kit I'm looking at that has the Rhino Hobby Carbon filter (5"), however, the Rhino Pro carbon 5" is only £69, therefore, would that be a better investment?

I plan on growing no more than 3 plants at a time on a single 600w HPS setup.

Again, sorry for jumping in FunkyB.
    Ask away fella

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FunkyB For This Useful Post:

Jack_Burton (20-07-16)

Thanks

Yh I agree with coco monkey and there's no reason why you can't get this grow done + your next one as well! U may then be in a position to get more equipment, one thing this is not a cheap hobby and your always needing something! Oh yeah, ,acoustic is ducting that's lined with like insulation, like the stuff in your loft and it quitens down ur exhaust, i use tht ducting and i find it very effective.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to crackerjack For This Useful Post:

FunkyB (19-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,526 Times

Fella ebay and gumtree are ur friends ive had sum propper bargains off both....on gumtree look for a guy posting from lincoln way he does 2nd hand stuff and very reasonable prices (ive used him before when things have packed up on me) it may be 2nd hand but is decent that I can vouch for gud luck bro
    Oh n just make sure the filters the same size as the fan u buy 6" would be fine but bigger is better
    Last edited by Ye Old Pioneer; 27-07-16 at 11:24 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ye Old Pioneer For This Useful Post:

crackerjack (31-07-16), FunkyB (19-08-16)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2