Thread: Drying methods

Thanks

Default Drying methods

Just been browsing on google about smoking damp buds.
    I got curious cos the buds I got from my guy are damp.
    I've got them sat on my pc desk on a peice of white paper getting some air and they seem to be drying out nicely.

So anyway, I read about some other methods on other forums about drying damp buds.

One guy said 30 secs in a microwave which I thought was completely nuts...

But another guy caught my attention with his idea about putting salt in the bottom of an air tight container, then some layers of kitchen paper and then some bud.

Obviously some improvements to the idea are needed like maybe some kind of shelf rather than kitchen paper which will also get damp and transfer to the buds and also maybe opening the cointainer frequently and changing the salt out so moisture didnt build up.
    I bet you could even use those little silica gel packets you get in everything like shoes and electronic appliances.

Any thoughts anyone?

-----------------------------GROW DIARIES----------------------------
    |

Thanks

salt will soak up a lot of moisture, so will dry rice

the real pisser is your having to dry weed you just bought,
    weigh it before and after to see how much water you paid for

why oh why cant folk dry and cure bud properly just for the sake of profit!?!
    "If i cant smoke and swear im F**KED!"
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/image.php?u=5246&type=sigpic&dateline=1249748262
    THCTalk recommends Greens Horticulture for all your growing needs
    if iv been of some help to you please take a second and press the thanks button, cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dj # View Post
    salt will soak up a lot of moisture, so will dry rice

the real pisser is your having to dry weed you just bought,
    weigh it before and after to see how much water you paid for

why oh why cant folk dry and cure bud properly just for the sake of profit!?!
    Hmmm didn't think about using rice.
    I'd prefer that actually as it's less likely to contaiminate or taint the bud if it came into contact with it.

See, I also face a big problem at harvest time and that's where to cure my buds.
    My house is tiny.. No spare cupboards, no free rooms etc so curing is going to be a nightmare.
    The only possiblility I have is that I still have the grow box I made out of two draws from a chest of drawers which has now been abandoned due to the purchase of a 250HPS and the grow area being too small for the lamp.

Its about 2ft, by 2ft by 2.5ft and has pc fans built in. Maybe I could regulate it to curing temps and cure my buds in there?

I could probably make a slatted shelf to put the buds on spaced appart and use an IR lamp on the bottom and the pc fans built in for intake and exhaust rigged to a stat to maintain the perfect temp and humidity & air flow.

Hmmm, a mini grow room style curing cupboard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMachine View Post
    Hmmm didn't think about using rice.
    I'd prefer that actually as it's less likely to contaiminate or taint the bud if it came into contact with it.

See, I also face a big problem at harvest time and that's where to cure my buds.
    My house is tiny.. No spare cupboards, no free rooms etc so curing is going to be a nightmare.
    The only possiblility I have is that I still have the grow box I made out of two draws from a chest of drawers which has now been abandoned due to the purchase of a 250HPS and the grow area being too small for the lamp.

Its about 2ft, by 2ft by 2.5ft and has pc fans built in. Maybe I could regulate it to curing temps and cure my buds in there?

I could probably make a slatted shelf to put the buds on spaced appart and use an IR lamp on the bottom and the pc fans built in for intake and exhaust rigged to a stat to maintain the perfect temp and humidity & air flow.

Hmmm, a mini grow room style curing cupboard
    hiya tgm yer wee room would do the job perfectly and as long as the room it wiz in was warm 20 degrees the airflow would dry it very nicely indeed,could be rather whiffy though if in the hoose,my motherinlaw says my hoose smells of cats piss and thats me dryin it up the loft.weed heed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weed heed View Post
    hiya tgm yer wee room would do the job perfectly and as long as the room it wiz in was warm 20 degrees the airflow would dry it very nicely indeed,could be rather whiffy though if in the hoose,my motherinlaw says my hoose smells of cats piss and thats me dryin it up the loft.weed heed
    Hehehe thanks weed heed.
    Funny you should say that, cos my cats are quite often lounging around near my girlies.
    Luckily they dont spray up them or pay much attention to them, I think they just like the smell. Reminds them of thier daddy lol.

Aparently the smell the MJ plant gives off is also shared with I think it's hops..
    They secrete the same chemical or somthing and they are closely linked in family I think.
    I remember reading a bunch of stuff on wikipedia about it, but it was a while back and I'm rather mashed right now lol.

Any way, thanks for the advice again weed heed.

+Kama

Thanks

My thought would be paper bag and then throw in a tumble dryer for a bit or maybe hairdryer?

A nice toasty pc case would be good too cos when i germinate my seeds of whatever im growing the soil is usually very dry by next day so have to top with water per day but for buds it should be good idea to dry maybe?
    Everything that i say is a work of fiction i.e made up, this forum is full of fiction i.e made up stories. All pics are found on the internet to show a visual identification to go with our stories we write for fun.