Thread: LED Grow Lights on Ebay UK

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,269 Times

Default LED Grow Lights on Ebay UK

This is only speculative, but I'm a sucker for a bargain!

Already got myself a Mars Hydro 300 (old model, white casing, no frills) - which I'm led to believe is actually effectively about half the true output due to the practical limits of the LED's themselves (sure there is a techie explanation but I'm a lay-man! ) Really happy with it and just seen on Ebay that there is a place in the UK selling pairs of these little blighters for about £60 incl postage (which is roughly what I paid for my single unit about 6 months ago!) Seriously considering it as one unit is really only enough for to do a single plant properly (have learnt that the hard way by being over ambitious with previous grows!) Can just about fit two in my grow tent, and would leave me with a handy spare, however...

There are lots of very similar looking lights listed, unbranded, also by UK based sellers with decent feedback, and there is one that claims to be 1000W full spectrum for about the same price. They're claiming it's 100 x 10w LED's, with Zener tech which apparently means that if one LED stops working it doesn't affect the others (although that sounds like they're almost expecting them to go on a regular basis!)

If it was geniune 300w or even 500w I'd be quite interested, but 1000w seems hopelessly ambitious. Has anyone gone down this route - is it just too good to be true?

I know we're not allowed to post links here, so here is the Ebay listing number, be interested in what you good people think; 172225119344

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mysticjim For This Useful Post:

M_C (25-07-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,780 Times

Actual Power consumption: energy saving, just consumes about 240W-280W power,
    I gave up at that point....
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I gave up at that point....
    You reckon it's bollocks, then?

Thanks

A 1,000w LED that draws 25% of the actual power? - I'd steer clear!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    A 1,000w LED that draws 25% of the actual power? - I'd steer clear!
    Don't doubt you for a second. Just wondering on what grounds they can claim it's 1000W?

Thanks

The LED chips are rated at 1,000w but the drivers actually under-power them (which is normal for LED) - usually it is 50% + draw of the chips abilities...