Thread: t5 grow/ bloom. please read. can't find info

Thanks

Default t5 grow/ bloom. please read. can't find info

I have 3, 8 bulb t5ho. So 24 bulbs.
    My grow area is 4x7. Really 5x7. It is rows of 3-2-3-2
    I have 10 plants. I really only wanted 6 to 8 but 100% of seeds germinated. Since this is my first grow I wanted to be sure. Now I have 10.
    My next grow I'm only doing 4. But I will be practicing lst so I can maximize my canopy.
    My question is I was thinking of changing out to 2 600 hps
    Or 1 1k hps. Would these setups be better or no different? I'm also concerned with light coverage too.
    Most of what I have read is about is comparing 1 8 bulb light. Not 3 with a total of 24 bulbs. And the general consensus and I tend to agree that 600 hps is better then 1 8 bulb lamp.
    But what is the concensus on 24 bulbs?
    I'm only 6 days into veg so changing now would be beneficial to yield. I just don't want to get 2 600 and end up with roughly the same result with my current setup. Also. 600 hps coverage is 4x4 and 1k 5x5. I can't get 2k in electric. I'm running 1200 now and I don't want to have the electric bill to go up any more. So 2 1k is out of the question. But 2 600 will run the same kwh.

I did 3 toppings and some lst. But it was my first lst and I didn't get the results I wanted but I am getting a more even canopy then just letting the plants grow.
    Last edited by bobbafett71; 27-07-16 at 07:51 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

I'd go 2 600's mate
    A 600 will do 4 plants so by time you weed
    Out the males if any or even if fems
    The 600's will do you an tbh I'd get duel spec
    Bulbs in them an fire them up now.
    Temps allowing

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

Thanks

All female.

Thanks

Also...if anyone can give first hand knowledge. Not just opinion based on what you have read or been told. I think this is why I am having issues finding info. Most will tell me hps. But has anyone used as many lights as I'm using? And did a switch over to hps?
    I do not agree with "light penitration" per say....
    I still cannot find results of par with t5 vrs hps when running equal watts. Light penitration will be reduced by fan leaves in the way anyway.

Thanks

And side note. I'm growing with coco and AN nutes.
    I have setup a drip irrigation but keep getting clogs in my emitters. Sucks. I'm fine with daily hand water. Just wish the drip would work with nutes.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,730 Times

Two 600s will cover your space most efficiently. The reason the 600 is better than the T5 is penetration the 600s penetrate 18 inches down in your canopy the t5 maybe 5 or 4 inches.

I veg under T5 up until the last two weeks of veg then I go with my LEDs before heading into flower. I used to grow under two 600 watt HIDs. But now I'm using more powerful LEDs.

You're going to need more ventilation to get rid of the heat from a couple of 600 watt lights. Then you're going to run into guys that will tell you that two 1000 watt lights would be even better and they are correct. Provided you can pay for the electricity and you can cool the space.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts