Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: cool hood v parabolic

Thanks

Just switched from cool hoods to parabolics, so far I'm happy with the added light spread but it's raised my temps a lot higher though which I expected

White widow & Purple Afghan Kush- RDWC aquafarm setup

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=139156

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr Anonymous Green For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (31-07-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,522 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Anonymous Green View Post
    Just switched from cool hoods to parabolics, so far I'm happy with the added light spread but it's raised my temps a lot higher though which I expected

whats your definition of a lot higher ?

Thanks

Well used to sit at exactly 27 but the now it's at 32, no plants in the room yet though so maybe that might bring the temps down a little

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr Anonymous Green For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (31-07-16)

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161211_194046.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	337263
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161102_202429.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	337264
    hi folks
    i recently pimped my 100cm parabolic with the reflectors used in lighting floodlight type used for large factory roofs ,i have a 1.2 mtr tent & results are good so far .
    i have been using a 250w opti blue MH from seedling , then upped it to 600w SL (660) .
    I left it running for 3 weeks with 2 cfl 175w veg spec lights 1 either side of the tent then switched the metal halide after 2 weeks into flower & stretch to a 600w flowering spec lamp . things are going well , the picture is on the 21st day of 12/12 light .
    Last edited by noey; 18-12-16 at 06:02 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,888 Times

I have both. The parabolic spreads the light better but you lose headroom and it pools heat regardless of what anyone tells you. Its better than a dutch barn but its still restricted by heat.

The cool hood you also lose height and you lose some of the spread the parabolic gives. However I can almost put it in top of my plants its so cool. I could run my hps in summer and it'll still be fine.

Don't forget if noise is an issue you need more fans to run the cool tube so there's more noise.

check out my diary

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=150124

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Valve man For This Useful Post:

noodle (26-12-16)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2