Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: cool hood v parabolic

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,522 Times

Default cool hood v parabolic

hi guys

im after a bit of info or advice in regards to whether a parabolic shade is better than a cool hood in regards to light spread and such, and is the plants any better under a parabolic or a cool hood or is there no difference?
    is it just merely the hood will help with temps and there is no difference ?

im needing to replace/rewire my hood and im considering trying a parabolic , im more than happy with my hood and have no issues getting another one but if you guys reckon the parabolic might be a little bit better than ill give that a try .
    i may not even buy a new hood or parabolic and ill get away with a rewire but in case i do id like to find out if i can

i know my temps might go up a little if i use a parabolic but i reckon i will be ok for temps .

so what do yous reckon ?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazmandaz For This Useful Post:

crackerjack (31-07-16)

Thanks

You no the old saying "if it's not broke, why fix it senario ,i hear you are rewiring etc but to me if you've had no problems with it then carry on as you have! I've heard mixed reviews on both them, personal preference plays a big part obviously. We use 2 600wt parabolics no heat issues,we do run a fan controller, really good bit of kit if you can get one, in flower we wack 2 gavitas up. .Sorry to waffle mate but personally it's parabolics for me, a nice light spread remember they take up more room, anyway good luck.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to crackerjack For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (30-07-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,965 Times

You lose a little head room with the parabolic but the light spread/focus is better, IMO

ATB

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rockhopper For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (30-07-16)

Thanks

thanks for the reply cracker , im running a variac fan controller so no issues there

need to rewire my hood as its causing trouble to power up my bulb ,think the wiring has become perished in the unit, i have replaced the ballast and bulb twice (brand new) and all problems pointing to the hood .

im hoping a rewire will fix it ,but i am tempted to try the parabolic out

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazmandaz For This Useful Post:

crackerjack (31-07-16), nash (06-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

Parabolic gets my vote daz, great addition to the grow room

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (30-07-16)

Chew Guest

I've never used a cool tube but i do love my parabolic

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (30-07-16)

Thanks

next question
    is there a difference between a silver parabolic and a white parabolic apart from the blatantly obvious about colour lol, the silvers seem a little bit more than the white ones

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

The only air cooled hood that would come close to a para is the magnum XXXL it's a beast of a thing though...A guy on here called Knight Rider used to smash off some awesome plants with them..

Regards BL

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

crackerjack (31-07-16), Dazmandaz (30-07-16)

Thanks

if i do get one do i get a silver or white one Bud? or doesnt it matter which one you get as the difference would be negligible?

thanks for chipping in guys

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazmandaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Dazmandaz View Post
    if i do get one do i get a silver or white one Bud? or doesnt it matter which one you get as the difference would be negligible?

thanks for chipping in guys
    In terms of light intensity and penetration there won't be any noticable difference...I use the sunking metal ones, however i've trimmed 5" inches off mine to give me a wider footprint when the lamps down close to the canopy...

Regards BL

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

crackerjack (31-07-16), Dazmandaz (30-07-16)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast