Thread: Brown tips on leaves

Thanks

Default Brown tips on leaves

Hi All,

I'm 5 weeks into my first grow and I'm a bit worried as my leaves are starting to go brown at the tips. After reading some previous posts on this forum, I thought I had a nitrogen deficiency, so I topped it up. Now I'm not sure if I overdid the nitrogen top up, didn't add enough, or if I've another deficiency. Does anyone know from looking at the attached picture?

Grow Details:
    plant age: 5 weeks
    plant size: 25cm
    pot size: 25cm x 25 cm
    has it been repotted? and when?: Yes - after week 3
    soil type: potting compost + perlite
    additives used and how often for soil: Canna terra flores (NPK 2-2-4), used every 3rd day + nitrogen top up (NPK 11-1-2) used twice in past week.
    Air temps (max min): 25-30
    humidity: 40-50%
    lighting type (hps, led, cfl) hps
    ph level: 7
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	browntip.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	329455

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Get a pic of the whole plant up mate, looks like you have over done it with the feed...Couple of questions for you. Photoperiod or auto ? Is the plant flowering or in veg ? and what brand of compost are you using ?

Regards BL

Thanks

Thanks BL. I'll reduce my feed level. It's currently in veg on a 18-6 cycle, and the compost is verve multipurpose compost

Name:	plant.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	329466

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by desison View Post
    Thanks BL. I'll reduce my feed level. It's currently in veg on a 18-6 cycle, and the compost is verve multipurpose compost

Name:	plant.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	329466
    Hey Desison,
    What ratio of perlite to soil are you using? The medium looks dense to me and if you are watering\feeding every 3 day, it could be a combo of what BL said and a root problem. If the math works out, it has been in that pot for 2 weeks so it could be starting to be root bound.

H420
    Last edited by Hobby420; 01-08-16 at 12:19 AM.